Signing Companies that accept newbies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Ingrid Armstrong on 12/28/04 12:16am
Msg #14577

Hello All,

I recently received my notary commission and today I passed the certified notary signing agent exam with the NNA, and I'm anxious to get started. Could someone let me know what signing agencies would be good to apply with? I have not done a signing, although I've participated in two for my personal residence when I lived in NY. RE is my hobby, so to speak, so I am familiar with loan docs.

I'm located in Bradenton, Florida.

Thanks for the help!

Ingrid

Reply by BrendaTX on 12/28/04 12:45am
Msg #14579

Send an email to

[e-mail address]

There is an autoresponder that will give you a link and you can download a list companies.

No claims made on good, bad, or ugly, as far as the quality of the list.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 12/28/04 6:46am
Msg #14585

U could start with the signing services on this forum. Just don't mention that u're new. Look up my email address and we could talk further.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/28/04 8:50am
Msg #14588

Too late Trenton, she has already indentified herself as a Brand New Commisioned Just Got Certified NNA Newbie.

Reply by Ingrid Armstrong on 12/28/04 10:36am
Msg #14592

I detect from your post a hint of sarcasm in your response.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and there's really no way to hide the fact that I am new. As far as the NNA certification goes -- I know the certified signing agent designation doesn't hold a lot of weight, but I figured it was a way to get my foot in the door. Hopefully there are some reputable signing agencies that will understand this as well.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/28/04 11:01am
Msg #14594

First of all, read over all of the posts from this site before you sign up with any signing services. This will give you some practical real life info on loan packages. 2nd determine what is your walk out the door minimum fee for you county or local area and stick to it. Also check and see how much you will charge for edocs, faxes, fax backs, and cancellations on borrowers part.

Another good piece of information that was given to me by an experience notary is to practice how to fill out an all purpose acknowledgement and remember that a jurat requires a swearing/affirmation. This is important because beyond being signing agents, we are notaries first and foremost and your first call may not be for a loan but could come from a nursing home that requires notarization of advanced orders.

After you do all of the things that have been posted by wiser heads than me, that is when you sign up with signing services.

Reply by JUNE MIDDLEBROOKS on 12/28/04 11:06am
Msg #14596

Integrated Real Estate Processing is a good place to start as a newbie. Try giving them a call.
June

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 12/28/04 11:36am
Msg #14598

Re: Signing Companies that accept newbies / sarcasm

There was no sarcasm intended at all, I apologise.

Reply by Ingrid Armstrong on 12/28/04 12:44pm
Msg #14609

Re: Signing Companies that accept newbies / sarcasm

No apologies needed....my error in assuming. 8-)

Ingrid

Reply by thnotary_NY on 12/28/04 11:45am
Msg #14602

What I meant, was that she not identify herself as new to the services she applies to. Some ask some don't. What's that saying.....don't ask...don't tell.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/28/04 1:42pm
Msg #14613

You really should put your phone number in your profile on this site. Signing services don't contact us by email for assignments and if anybody pulls you up they'll pass you right by for the next notary who does have a phone number listed.

Reply by Ingrid Armstrong on 12/28/04 1:52pm
Msg #14616

Thanks for pointing that out....I just signed up yesterday and haven't gotten all of my info up on the website yet.

Reply by anonymous on 12/28/04 4:50pm
Msg #14647

I have learned to read all of these posts! AND NEVER EVER ADMIT YOU ARE A NEWBIE!!! State your question like you know what the heck is going on, the replies will be much kinder! Many of these notories have been in business for a long time and don't have time for "certain" questions!

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/28/04 5:02pm
Msg #14650

We don't mind newbies in here, it's the lazy newbies that bother us.

The best piece of advice I can give to any newcomers in here is DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY. We don't know you personally, we don't like or dislike you personally, we're just answering the questions you ask. And sometimes the answers may not be what you were expecting.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.