Notary Rotary
Signing today....no HUD-1
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Fi_KS on 12/29/04 9:10am
Msg #14819

Has anyone been sent a Good Faith Estimate instead of HUD-1 for closing? I have two assignments today for Financial Express. Each package includes a Good Faith Estimate marked "Final" on top but no HUD-1. When I received e-doc from lender yesterday, it also contained Good Faith Estimate and on the doc it says that HUD-1 will be prepared by closing agent. So I contacted Financial Express. And this morning I received a fax GF Estimate.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 12/29/04 12:21pm
Msg #14850

Call ...

Call the person that scheduled these again. It could be the HUD-1s are being prepared by the title company, not the lender who prepared the GFE. In which case you would receive each HUD-1 by a separate Email. Tell the scheduler you don't have the HUD-1s and ask when are they coming.

I have had late HUD-1s and additional title documents for the loan from title company (i.e., 3 hours AFTER I received all other lender documents).

HELOCs will not have a separate HUD-1.

Reply by Fi_KS on 12/29/04 6:19pm
Msg #14908

Re: Call ...

Thanks. It turns out the GFE was the HUD-1. It didn't look like the other HUD-1 I've seen before when I did a HELOC signing. This one begins at Line # 801.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.