Notary Rotary
What is the saturation rate of Notaries in Upstate NY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 12/29/04 12:35pm
Msg #14854

This is for future reference but I was looking into moving back home to Buffalo and want to know how bad the competition is for NSA? Anyone have an idea, I did a zip code search and only came up with about 12 notaries in the Buffalo area.

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/29/04 2:26pm
Msg #14881

Nicole,

You are leaving California for Buffalo? My impression is it never stops snowing there!! With all that lake effect snow, it is surprising that there is any water left in Lake Erie!! I read somewhere that one time they had so much snow that they loaded up all sorts of boxcars with snow and sent them on their way heading south!!

So when do you plan to come to your senses? (LOL)

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/29/04 2:44pm
Msg #14885

I just had a baby and I am from Buffalo. I am kicking the idea around with my husband to see if this is a move we should make. It does stop snowing sometimes in Buffalo, but the windchill is what bites it for me. I like Northern Cali, the temp never changes but the housing cost is astronomical. I found a fixer-upper for 300k but was outbidded to 75k. That is ridiculous..

Reply by Jan/CA on 12/29/04 10:32pm
Msg #14935

Nicole, what part o fNorCal are you in now?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/30/04 11:21am
Msg #14995

I am in Richmond, near Oakland/Berkeley/San Fran

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/30/04 2:19pm
Msg #15028

Hi Nicole,

I trust you picked up on what I said was meant in jest. Also relative to the fixer-upper, I believe you meant $750K.

My cousin, who originally was from the Detroit area, but was sort of a lifetime California-ite (Marin county) moved to Taos, New Mexico with her husband for the same reason you sited (high housing costs).

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/30/04 7:08pm
Msg #15061

LOL, LMAo..yeah it felt like 750k, but we were outbidded by $75k. It was ridiculous. I think Buffalo is still below market and I don't think they have the huge population explosion like the EAst bay. I think that is why the notaries up here are so busy. I work for the city and we monitor transfer tax and I see the amounts that the city is receiving from the county and trust me, people are buying property out the ying yang up here.

I just refuse to pay 500k for a lean-to shack with the probability of dying or being shot if I walk out my door.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.