Notary Rotary
What would you do?
Notary Discussion History

What would you do?
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Oldbie_CA on 12/16/04 4:11pm
Msg #13813

What would you do?

I received a FedEx package bright and early this morning. Funny, since I wasn't expecting anything. It ended up being some loan docs that a lender sent to me. Funny, since I hadn't received any calls for an assignment by this lender. After contacting the sender I found out that they had contacted Precision Closing Service to do this signing. He asked me if I worked with them and I told him that it had been a while since I accepted any assignments from them because they won't meet my fee.

A couple of minutes later I got a call from PCS asking if I was available to do the signing. I said, "Yes, but my fee is $75." He said he would have to get it approved. Four hours later I have not heard anything back. They do pay on time but they expect us to jump through too many hoops for $50.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if they asked me to send the docs to a notary who would do it for $50?

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/16/04 4:29pm
Msg #13816

I just broached this subject in accepting an assignment.
It would be great to see an 'industry standard'...$50. is ludicrous after learning how much they make for OUR services...it seems that we get a very small percentage of what they charge to find and contract us to do the job !!! Frustrating

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/16/04 4:30pm
Msg #13818

What docs??? Let 'em pay for the 'new notary' to edoc. No, I really wouldn't do that... but, oh, how I would want to.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/16/04 4:35pm
Msg #13820

I would just put them in the return envelope and ship them back to the lender. Ain't your problem, they had their chance to hire you and they missed it.

Reply by Jon on 12/16/04 5:00pm
Msg #13826

Since I have never worked for the SS, I would have offered to complete the assignment for the lender. If they declined to use my services direct and I was called by the SS, I would tell them my price and if you can't let me know in 10 min I will be leaving so I will have to drop docs in FedEx back to the lender.

Reply by Oldbie_CA on 12/16/04 5:54pm
Msg #13834

I got a call back and they met my fee. I do believe that it was the best thing to do since it would cost an extra $25 to send the docs to another notary anyway.

I'm not saying PCS is not a good company they just have never gone above their $50 fee. There is always a first time though.

Thanks for the input.

Reply by Joan-OH on 12/16/04 6:25pm
Msg #13839

This is just rediculous! Obviously, Precision gave them your address to send the docs to. They didn't even bother to call and ask if you could do the assignment first. Now they make you wait several hours to get your "approved"?

Give me a break! As far as I'm concerned, The fact that you are willing to do it and for only $75 is a gift to them....covering their snafu. Jeez Louise!

Joan-OH

Reply by BrendaKhan on 12/16/04 9:14pm
Msg #13852

I would have looked on the HUD and found out what the Notary Fee was that was being paid out by the lender and then contacted the lender directly and state that PCS did not contact you and that you did not have any verbal or written confirmation stating they had hired you therefore since you have the docs and have time to squeeze them into your schedule you would be more than happy to complete the closing and to have the lender simply make the full amount of the Notary fee check out to you directly.
That is what I would have done and if the lender agreed that would be it. BK-FL

Reply by Oldbie_CA on 12/17/04 1:01am
Msg #13880

They didn't agree to that. The lender insisted on going through PCS, and since I did sign a non- compete agreement with them, after I was informed it was them I didn't push.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.