Notary Rotary
Why is it????????
Notary Discussion History

Why is it????????
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by Susie/OH on 12/21/04 6:14pm
Msg #14271

Why is it????????

Why is it the Bank makes very very good money from a loan?
The Title company makes very good money from a loan?
The Signing company makes good money from a loan?
And, the notaries the last one on the list is responsible for the world turning?

Reply by mike/ca on 12/21/04 6:20pm
Msg #14272

couldn't have said it better myself

Reply by sue on 12/21/04 9:19pm
Msg #14287

1. because we are totally unnecessary to the process. we're a convenience not a necessity.
2. because as we can see from posts that our business is filled with TOTALLY unqualified individuals. Of course, even though it doesn't happen, most of that blame should be shifted to the signing services who hire unqualified individuals and the title companies who permit their contractors to continue to solicit unqualified people.

Reply by Boonie Notary on 12/22/04 2:13pm
Msg #14336

We are a necessity, whether some want to believe it or not.
If it wasn't for the NSA's work, none of the Loan Docs would be legal
or recordable.

Yes, this business is filled with unqualified individuals. That is why
we are getting low balled with the fees.
You get what you pay for!!

Reply by sue on 12/23/04 6:32am
Msg #14404

...We are a necessity, whether some want to believe it or not.
If it wasn't for the NSA's work, none of the Loan Docs would be legal
or recordable...

I don't understand your statement. why and how do we as signing agent's make loan docs legal? why and how as signing agents do we make docs recordable? for this last statement, I think you are probably referring to a 'notary public' not a signing agent. as to the 'legal' statement, I've got no idea what you mean because I sure don't make any document 'legal'.

when I first started closing loans we took the clients and went with them directly to their lender's office. we sat in beautiful, majestic bank settlement rooms filled with old polished wood. next it evolved into keeping the clients in the law office and again, we sat in a beautiful conference room. Title companies came into the picture and some people chose to use title companies rather than attorneys and again, they went into the office and sat at a conference room table. now, hundreds of years after lenders started lending money we go to the house. we are a convenience for the signer, we are not a necessity.

Reply by Elizabeth Atwood on 12/22/04 1:44am
Msg #14298

Because we have none of the obvious stakes or shares in it like a real business has. We are one part of the wheel but we do not drive it.

Reply by SBlatt on 12/22/04 10:47pm
Msg #14387

And might I add please that the abstractors are also getting requests to lower fees just like notaries are and if it weren't for the qualified abstractors most of the title companies and lenders wouldnt even be able to close a loan at all because there would be no searches done.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.