Notary Rotary
dual tray laser printers
Notary Discussion History

dual tray laser printers
Go Back to December, 2004 Index

Posted by peterole_MN on 12/28/04 6:10pm
Msg #14659

dual tray laser printers

Any suggestions on an "economical" dual tray laser printer? One of the discussion today sugggested that such a printer may soon be the required printer. Ones that I have looked at at Office Max and Office Depot have a super price on them. Come on "comparison shoppers", help us out.

Reply by kcnotary_KS on 12/28/04 8:40pm
Msg #14686

I just purchased the HP3015 for $299 at CompUSA (same price at Office Max). It doesn't have dual tray but can print on legal size paper. I print everything legal size. Printed a couple of e-docs today. Seem to work great.

Reply by Jon on 12/28/04 9:05pm
Msg #14689

The least expensive D/T printer I can find is the Brother HL 5050LT. You can find them for around $300, a little less on the web. The only problem with this printer is that the program you are printing from must tell the printer which size paper to print on. Some of the print utilities used to do edocs don't support that. If you want to get a printer with on-board rendering(is that what they call it?), you will probably need a HP that will start somewhere around $500.

OK Paul, be nice to me Smiley

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/28/04 9:18pm
Msg #14695

I have the HP1300 and love it! HP has discontinued it but you may still find it at Office Depot. It is inexspensive - around $299. I had to purchase the 2nd tray separately but it was worth it. I've done quite a few e-docs and it selects the correct paper size for each page.

Reply by kcnotary_KS on 12/28/04 9:19pm
Msg #14696

I've seen the additional paper tray on eBay for $75

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/28/04 9:27pm
Msg #14699

I think i paid $89 for mine at Office Depot.

Reply by Tom on 12/28/04 9:25pm
Msg #14697

I have a HP 1200 single tray that works fine. Whenever I get a request to accept edocs I tell the requestor that I plan to print everything on legal paper. I've yet to have anyone object. I bought the 1200 a year ago used for less than $200 including insured shipping. Bottom line, I don't think you need a dual tray printer.

Reply by peterole_MN on 12/29/04 8:03am
Msg #14814

Thanks for all the info. I currently have a HP1200 single tray. And, I will continue to print edocs on legal size only, no problem yet and do not anticipate any very soon.

Reply by Happy in Fl on 12/31/04 7:32pm
Msg #15141

I have run across several Signing Companies, when in the process of applying to be entered into their Data Base, that have minimum requirements specified for being listed with them, and one being "must have Laser Printer with Dual paper trays- able to print mixed size packages".

When ever I querried the companies on that being the only requirement I did not have--Sorry we cannot use you then...So--lesson learned-- don't ask- don't tell- cross that bridge when you get to it.. MHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.