A-MTS (Notary Beware!!!!)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by NY Notary on 7/16/04 9:00pm
Msg #4564

Should be called A-MESS!
They are pretty new to the ss market, and it shows. Did 2 signings for them on 5/21 and was paid on time for one, but the other one seems to have gone into the payment black hole. Sent an email on 7/6, no response so I decided to call. Spoke to their rep today who told me that they were paid in full, which means I should have been too. "Should have" is the operative part of that sentence. She couldn't provide me with their check number of the check they issued to me. But in her defense she is going to call me back.

I will however add them to my do not work for list. I am leary of new ss(s) popping up all over the place, and I must stick to my one strike rule (if I plan on keeping good records and my sanity). They don't have to hunt me down to hold up my end of the deal, so I feel I shouldn't have to for them.

I typically don't become concerned until invoices are 45 days old, that's when I place my first call, or send an email. All I expect is an answer, and A-MTS doesn't make the cut for me. They have made my "Do Not Accept Signings" list.

Reply by dmmcgge on 7/16/04 9:01pm
Msg #4565

Did an emergency signing for them in April. Just got the check today (7/9/2004). One strike - they're out!

Donna
Monroe County PA

Reply by NY Notary on 7/16/04 9:03pm
Msg #4566

These are reposts - Notary Beware!!!!!

Still getting the run around from them on this signing. Allegedly they sent another notary because they never received the docs that I returned in the pre-printed FedEX that they provided. I spoke to the title company, they indicated that they email docs to A-MTS who in turn overnighted the docs to me. So even if I did believe their story about sending another notary, it is their error, and I will continue to pursue. I figure, their time is money, so if I hassle them to get mine it costs them too. I will pursue with any spare time (and free cellular minutes) that I have! Works out good too, because I'm in NY (3 hrs ahead of them, so I'm in free weekend minutes as I type! , think I'll give them a call now!!!

Notary beware!!!!!!

Look for this post on other message boards. I want to warn as many fellow Notaries as I can!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.