Notary Rotary
Alden Enterprises -- Yuck!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 7/9/04 11:19am
Msg #4140

I am totally befuddled by Notary Rotary's company rating system. I cannot figure out what it is supposed to do, and how it -- or I -- is supposed to do it. So, as an alternative, I'm posting my evaluation of Alden on the General Discussion list. Do I need to say more than the heading?

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/9/04 11:29am
Msg #4143

How to rate a company:

Hugh,

Go to the *Work Orders* tab.

Select *Track a Relationship or Work Order.*

Establish a relationship with Alden by doing an agency agreement.

Then you can rate them.

Whew! I need to take a megadose of Ginseng so I can stay awake after that!

;>

Brenda

Reply by Harry [NR] on 7/9/04 11:52am
Msg #4146

Re: How to rate a company:

Yep. Remember, we made it like that in an effort to make the votes more sincere. If the relationship documents were not required, rating companies would be extremely easy, which would probably result in more votes based on third-hand information.

Also, it might be beneficial for you to have the relationship documents in place since they will serve as the basis for a number of future features. In some cases, they might actually represent the sign-up procedure for a company using our system; in all cases, they will need to be present before creating signing documents under corresponding programs.

Functionality surrounding those document types will continue to grow to include things like invoicing. Further, there are some companies currently using them as their order confirmations. (In such cases, you will see a lot more on the printed work order than the system generally shows.)

I realize all of this isn't terribly clear. We might work toward putting together documentation at some point, as well as making the system more intuitive/user-friendly, but until then, everyone is pretty much on their own.

Harry

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 7/9/04 1:49pm
Msg #4159

It is precisely because I do >>not<< want a relationship with Alden that I was interested in the rating page. So, do I understand that I have to avow some sort of commercial affilation with them before I can give them a good swift kick in the cojones in the company list section?

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 7/9/04 2:01pm
Msg #4161

Pride goeth before a pratfall

I was just noting to myself how one of the posters had misspelled "affiliation." Then I noticed that I had misspelled -- you guessed it -- "affiliation."

Reply by Liz/MD on 7/10/04 7:21pm
Msg #4221

I am confused on how to use the site. I have a lot of signing agency relationships but I realy don't have the time to imput all the particulars, in regards to borrowers info. I am lucky if I track every expense and income on my own records.
I do love to sign in and see how many times my profile has been viewed. I want to renew but I am at a loss to the work orders and/or value to me
When I rate a company I am sincere...even with Alden...who paid well but it took forever. I don't mind waiting for my fee if it is as agreed. So far, knock wood, I have not been stiffed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.