Notary Rotary
Anyone else get this email?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Newbie_CA on 7/15/04 3:23pm
Msg #4472

On Monday of this weeks I got an email from someone who was offering me an opportunity to do loan closing for a finance company in my city. They said that they would train me and the fact that I'm a NSA was a plus for them since they wanted to also be able to sign and notarize docs in the same appointment.

Anyone else get this email? The gentleman told me he found me on this website.

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/15/04 3:29pm
Msg #4473

We always sign and notarize docs in the same appointment, so I don't know why this guy would consider that a "plus". What are they offering you to do it?

Reply by redonthehead on 7/15/04 5:00pm
Msg #4478

I've gotten several of these solicitations from various companies. If you are interested in training as a loan officer, here's your opportunity!

Reply by Newbie_CA on 7/15/04 5:36pm
Msg #4480

Yeah, the person indicated that my primary job for them would be to close the sale of the loan and my secondary job would be as an NSA. I would be an independent contractor and he projected that there would be about 40 per month based on other cities he's dealing with in So. Cal.

Sounds interesting. Ü

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/15/04 7:24pm
Msg #4489

Be careful...

I would be wary about fulfilling a dual role "closing the sale" and then performing duties as an NSA on the same loan; by doing the former, you have a financial interest in the outcome of the loan which is not permitted in your duties as the latter. An NSA is supposed to be an impartial witness to the loan signing.

Reply by Paula/MI on 7/16/04 7:04pm
Msg #4559

Re: Be careful...

I would check your notary laws and guidelines to see if this is a conflict and would cause you to have your notary license suspended. In some states this would be a financial gain. However, in others certain individuals representing the company are excluded. Therefore, you need to know exactly what it indicates for your state. If you are still unsure or if the laws are unclear, check with your states Seal Office to verify. Hope this helps.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.