Notary Rotary
Bad ss Companies
Notary Discussion History

Bad ss Companies
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by jwpa on 7/11/04 12:24pm
Msg #4246

Bad ss Companies

I gathered these names from postings. Are these "No Good"?

Select signing services - Beacon Rock - Coast to Coast - Nations Direct - Sign on the X - National Mobile Loan Signers (nmls) - Elite Signing Services (Cary, Illinois). I marked these Co's down and put in my wallet , in case I get a call on my cell when ever I am out.

Reply by Brenda on 7/11/04 7:43pm
Msg #4257

You are correct

All companies named are lousy.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/11/04 8:42pm
Msg #4259

Re: You are correct

The only "problem" I am aware of with Nations Direct is that they don't want to pay much. But, they do pay on time and apparently,other than the fee issue, are good to work with.

I had done a few for them in the past, but one was on my street and the others were just a few streets away. They only paid $50, but as they were extremely close I accepted. Packages were small. I was paid within 30 days.

There are times when it is better to work with a $50 company and get paid, than work with a $100 company and not get paid.

The other companies I can certainly agree on.

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 7/12/04 3:14pm
Msg #4281

Re: You are correct

Most of my work is with Nations Direct and Nationwide Appraisal. In the beginning I only did Helocs close to home in my own town for $50.00, I just did a refinace/heloc and got $100.00 (2 blocks away) I stay busy with them almost everyday. The other company Nationwide Appraisal is the same. I also get companies that have paid me as much as $150.00-$250.00 from title companies, but I only get a few of those a month and have had three of those so-called high paying jobs that still owe me from 3 months ago. So yes I do agree, I can 3-4 $50.00 jobs a day instead of 3-4 $150.00 jobs a month that may not pay me. Both Nations Direct and Nationwide Appraisal pay like clockwork. Natiowide Appraisal does not wait until the end of the month to pay you. They pay you as they get paid. Sometimes I get paid the week after I do a job. Nations Direct pays on the 15th of the month following the month you did the job.

Reply by sarmfield on 8/11/04 12:14am
Msg #5904

Can someone explain why these companies are bad? I just did a job for Sign On the X.

Reply by HisHughness on 8/11/04 12:58am
Msg #5908

Sonya implored:

***Can someone explain why these companies are bad? I just did a job for Sign On the X.***

Hmmm...Sonya, you've had people on this board tell you:

1. SOX does not pay. If you haven't seen enough postings to that effect, try doing a search of previous postings and see how many other similar ones turn up;

2. Being a certified agent is pretty pointless and a waste of money; this from some of the more thoughtful and successful signing agents on this forum. Also, see the second sentence of (1); and

3. NNA is essentially worthless and a real waste of money. Again, see the second sentence of (1).

So, the question is, why would it matter what they tell you? It doesn't seem you're going to pay a lot of attention in any event.

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/13/04 1:02am
Msg #6003

Thanks

Reply by anonymous on 1/4/05 2:58pm
Msg #15413

Elite Closings, Oregon

HAs anyone ever worked with this company before?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.