Notary Rotary
Cable vs DSL
Notary Discussion History

Cable vs DSL
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Mimi/NJ on 7/5/04 9:38am
Msg #3966

Cable vs DSL

Oops, I hit enter instead of tab so please ignore first message.

Question: Currently I have Comcast Cable as my internet provider but I was thinking of changing to Verizon DSL. Any thoughts about which is better for the signing business or does it make a difference?

Reply by HEATHER_CA on 7/5/04 2:49pm
Msg #3969

Cable is much Faster. I have Comcast at home and DSL at my Office the Comcast is better.

Reply by Liz/MD on 7/5/04 2:57pm
Msg #3970

When I switched to cable I felt like I died and went to heaven. I can't imagine dealing with e-docs without cable. Bing, bang , boom......no more waiting for anything!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/5/04 3:29pm
Msg #3971

I think it depends on your area - check with others in your area.

I used to have Road Runner cable, and at first I was happy with it. But then it started "slowing down" as more people in the area signed up with it i guess it got "bogged down". I felt my dial up connection was faster at times.
I switched to DSL a couple of years ago and have been happy with it. I wouldn't ever want to go back to cable modem.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/7/04 5:14pm
Msg #4046

Mimi,
When I was shopping for high speed internet I found that not all areas have coverage *even though on their site they say you are in their coverage area.* I have Verizon for my cell phone and it said I had coverage for their DSL. However, after the initial steps of setting up DSL over the phone, I found that you have to be in an area for *residential* Verizon coverage and not cell -- I had the same problem with several other DSL providers. Finally, I called Comcast and am quite happy, except for their persistence of trying to get us to drop DirecTV and go with their TV programming.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 7/8/04 12:38pm
Msg #4075

I heard it through the grape vine (oops, giving my age away agian) that SBC (MA BELL) and Dish Network are teaming up to bring in satellite connections for the puter, phone and tv, no matter where you are located.
I had sbc/yahoo dsl but I have moved in the last 2 weeks. Now I dont have squat diddy except broadband, (big deal) But of course I live in a rual area. Had Cox Cable for a few years, but then they let the piggies out. Just thought you might like to know.

Reply by Art_MD on 7/9/04 10:33am
Msg #4138

Just be glad you have a choice. I can't get cable or DSL service - had to go with sattelite which is great for downloads but rotten for uploads.
Cost is high but no choice when I moved.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.