Notary Rotary
CalDocs Notary -- BEWARE
Notary Discussion History

CalDocs Notary -- BEWARE
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 7/22/04 11:37am
Msg #4804

CalDocs Notary -- BEWARE

I received the following last night from CalDocs.
"You have received this request because you have advertised on the internet as a notary.
A request for notary services is being offered to you.
This request is also being offered to other notaries to best serve the requesting client in a timely manner.
Since you are not already registered with CalDocs Notary, you will be directed to a registration page if you click on Accept Notary Offer. You are required to be registered as a CalDocs Notary in order to have access to the contact information of the client requesting your services.
Time is important because at the clients request only a limited number of notaries will be able to access the contact information.
About this offer:
Fee negotiable? Yes.
Signing Date: 21-Jul-2004
Signing Time: 7/26/04
Signing Date and Time Status: Tentative
Document Delivery: Arrange Later"

The location was about 75 miles RT from me, but I figured since the fee was negotiable, what the heck. I did notice the discrepancy in the signing date/signing time. After filling out the profile page, the next screen shows the catch -- you can pay monthly, 6 months or a year to be listed with them. I forget what the monthly and 6 months was, but the year rate is $99.00. BEWARE -- if you get an email from "[e-mail address]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.