Notary Rotary
California goodies
Notary Discussion History

California goodies
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 7/14/04 2:36pm
Msg #4403

California goodies

I just did a HELOC out of California. It had one -- ONE! -- notarization.

I've known for years that you California sunbunnies were all a bunch of lazy butts, most of whom seem to be holding conventions on our Austin expressways. But migawd! One notarization is ridiculous. When you go to a Texas closing, you know you've been to a closing. Notary stamps have been known to break down and cry from the workload, and notaries have been known to abandon a closing midway through to take up a less strenuous occupation, like maybe Navy SEAL, or mountain climbing. We could do four of those California minis while finishing our first breakfast taco (what you pantywaist Californians call a "wrap," like it was some kind of shawl for the upper GI tract).

If ease of occupation was the only criterion, I'd take off for California this afternoon. However, I know I would also have to confront all that broze, blonde, nubile eye candy atwitter because they're having trouble working in time for their bikini wax this week. I do have a heart condition, so I guess I'll just continue to build up my pecs by thunk-thunking my interminable way through those Texas closings.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/14/04 5:27pm
Msg #4411

In about an hour I'm going to close a HELOC out of Illinois. I just went through the loan packet -- a rarity for me, since I seldom have the time for an advance peek -- and ZOWIE! This also has only one -- lemme repeat that, "only ONE" -- notarization. What is it with you out-of-state closers? Do any of you really work? Is Texas the only state where you have to be a real man to close a loan? What do you do with your spare time, eat bon bons and watch soap operas? I'd move to Illinois, but, since I've never made my bones I'm not sure how well I'd fit in with the gangsters (you don't find too many Native Americans who are mobbed up). I feel like I've spent the whole day snacking on Signing Lite. Now I'm beginning to understand when some of you say things like, "Hey, I give 'em just enough time for me to blow my nose, then I pick up the packet and I'm outta there!" Come to Texas. We'll show you how a real estate bureaucracy overrun with lawyers handles things.

Reply by mike/calif on 7/14/04 5:59pm
Msg #4419

spend alot of time on aol games lol

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 7/14/04 6:25pm
Msg #4420

ditto - while having my bikini wax!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/14/04 6:53pm
Msg #4421

Arizonia is like that, too

Well said, Hugh.

I did a recent AZ for a couple on vacation signing and there was TWO clicks of the Old Trodat.

OMG, that was an eye-opener.

Brenda

Reply by HisHughness on 7/14/04 7:01pm
Msg #4422

Re: Arizonia is like that, too

Yeah, Brenda, at least we Texas SAs can stand tall, knowing the signings here will put hair on any signing agent's chest. Uh....uh....I think I'll go get primed for that winery party Sylvia was touting.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/15/04 1:59am
Msg #4441

And, regular maintenance of chest waxing is pretty expensive and mighty painful.

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/15/04 2:18am
Msg #4445

Hey, I'm in California and I still have hair on my chest. Half of it's gray, but it's there!

We may not have to work our notary stamps that hard, but we've got to deal with the LA freeway system. Trust me, you have it easy down in Texas.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/15/04 7:49am
Msg #4447

So very true.

I think I'd do my best to have a way to get a little sun whilst sitting in the traffic. I think I'd like to imagine myself doing that! Only, a lot thinner and younger.

Smiley

Reply by HisHughness on 7/15/04 9:37am
Msg #4451

Sorry, but you're on the short end there, too. I-35 through Austin is the most congested section of interstate in the country, thanks to NAFTA.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.