Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Cameras-Inspections- use of Digital vs. Optical?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/9/04 2:21pm
Msg #4164

Inspections- anyone have suggestions on the best camera to get to fit the task? Does it pay to get a high priced one- medium priced- or just a low priced starter? Are they all suitable for hooking up to your computer and sending to the company requesting them? Do I need a Photo Printer as well. HELP! Someone said a Optical was better than a digital- I've not heard of "optical" per se'. Any imput will be appreciated.

Reply by Curious George on 7/9/04 3:54pm
Msg #4168

I would love to hear more details on doing Inspections and how you get into the field,qualifications needed,training etc... if anyone wants to share today...? I see alot of areas asking if I also do inspections, but have yet to be successful in finding out any worthwhile info.

Thanks,
~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/9/04 4:37pm
Msg #4173

For info on field inspections go to:
www.sofi-usa.com/index.htm

This is the Society of Field Inspectors and has a wealth of information.

Reply by sonia on 7/12/04 10:34am
Msg #4269

Thanks for the information I am very interested in expanding my business to include Field Inspection. I am still trying to develop my notary and signing agent business. I have been active for 2 months and have only gotten 1 assignment any tips on start up of either line Signing Agent or Field Inspection.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/9/04 4:37pm
Msg #4174

For info on field inspections go to:
www.sofi-usa.com/index.htm

This is the Society of Field Inspectors and has a wealth of information.

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 7/10/04 7:21am
Msg #4195

I work also in addition to the Notary Loan Signings as a Field Inspector for MortgageRamp. www.Mortgageramp.com. Most training is online and Hud certification is in Washington,DC and is free but you have to pay for hotel, airfare, etc for a week. You do property inspections also for FreddieMac and Fannie Mae. A digital camera is OK

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 7/10/04 7:30am
Msg #4196

I also do Asset Verification and Drive-bys. These you take pictures of properties and nearby properties. I do have a background working for HUD and have been a Property manager for Hud and Fannie Mae properties. I have prepared for property inspections and I know what they are looking for. I am also working on getting my Real Estate License, just finished the Real Estate course and I am in the process of studying for the exam.

Reply by Curious George on 7/10/04 2:06pm
Msg #4205

Thanks Sylvia and Margaret...that info definately helped..
Anthony
Oregon

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/04 10:55pm
Msg #4305

CG:

Definitely Sign up with MortgageRamp. There is quite a bit a training for MortgageRamp, however the training is so good and thorough that it provided what I needed to know to do it correctly first time out of the shoot, so to speak.

Brenda

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/04 10:56pm
Msg #4306

My camera is a Sony DSC F717 - 5 megapixel with a Carl Zeiss Zoom Lens which is pretty complicated but I just keep clicking knobs until I get the look I want. Therefore, I feel it's fool proof if you take your time.

I take it to signings and when the borrower does not have their ID copies, for whatever reason, I take a picture of the ID cards and print it out from my computer. The quality is "that good" on this camera.

I feel the zoom lens makes inspections go faster. I stand in the same place and take a wide sweep of the place and then zoom in to the finer points of the structure as needed.

This is the page I keep a couple of pictures on and my camera's catalog shot from Sony. You can link to the Sony ad from there, but for whatever reason, it's pretty slow. You might do better just to search Sony for model DSC F717 if you are interested in getting the details on it.

http://texnotary.com/camera/

Regards, Brenda

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.