Notary Rotary
Fees/AR
Notary Discussion History

Fees/AR
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by nahobbs on 7/19/04 4:56pm
Msg #4634

Fees/AR

I received a call from a company saying they were going to be sending me a set of e-docs. I told them my charge and they agreed to that...however I am confused as to whether that fee is the grand total or should I be charging for other things as well. The price seemed very low considering there is to be 2 copies, and the packet is quite large. Please help me this signing is 30 miles away one way.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/19/04 5:09pm
Msg #4639

A base fee should be set after that you charge for the extras, like e-doc's and copies,piggyback loan package meaning 2 loan on the same order refin and home equity or line of credit, it will be 2 sets of doc's one refin larger than the home equity or line of credit , I would charge 65 base fee and 35.00 for e-doc's = 100.00, and also you charge for ex mile 1.35per mile over your base radius round trip, my base is 25 mile and 50 round trip after that 1.35 per mile add to the fee. or you could use a flat fee of $ 25.00 over your base miles.

Reply by Nancy Hobbs on 7/19/04 7:32pm
Msg #4644

Thanks that was very helpful to me. Could you please tell me what the maximum and the minimum to charge on a base fee would be. I would like to be as competitive as possible.

Reply by Dmoore on 7/19/04 9:21pm
Msg #4655

I would Start at $ 65.00 for my home countie, after that state your charge for any additional . MEANING, for mileage or e-doc's, fax doc's or e-mail or copies all ex's, all companies know this but if they can get away with not paying for the ex's they will and with a knew closer not knowing this you will end up doing alot of work and not making any money, so treat it as it is A BUSINESS, that what I tell some of the company that ? any additioal fee I have, I'm in Business just like you are, you need A service and I need the Business you Treat me right and I'LL DO THE SAME.

Reply by xptselmo on 7/19/04 10:04pm
Msg #4660

I am still new but certified. The fee you are quoting, is that for CSA? And if a SS quote $50 flat fee, how would I handle the e-doc charge and mileage?

New kid on the block.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/19/04 10:37pm
Msg #4662

In the "real world" of signing agents, most companies do not care if you are certified or not.
Fees are same whether you are a CSA or not.
For new signing agents I suggest (and remember this is only a suggestion, albeit one that has worked well for many signing agents) starting out that you do a base fee of $50 - and only go 20 miles for that - round trip would be 40 miles. Figure out $1.25 per mile, 40 miles would be $50. Make that your base fee (any additional miles add on at $1.25 per mile rounded to the nearest $5).
Edocs, add an edoc fee to the signing fee.

Reply by Mountainlion on 7/20/04 1:24pm
Msg #4678

Would you charge for overnighting the signed e-docs to the lender, since they didn't send a prepaid envelope?

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 7/20/04 8:20pm
Msg #4691

Overnight delivery charges ...

Obviously, with Edocs there is no return envelope with a pre-addressed shipping label.

When you get an Edoc assigment, check your confirmation or the instructions with documents. 99.9% of the time it will state whether to return FedEx or UPS, where to return package to, and what account number to charge.

You should NEVER pay to overnight documents. If you don't find an account number and whether FedEx/UPS, call the scheduler and ask. Also, make sure to mark bill recipient. Be prepared: have a stock of FedEx, UPS, and Airborne supplies in your home office. (Supplies are free; also some drop boxes have supplies available [warning, often not re-stocked when you need something.)

Reply by Mountainlion on 7/21/04 2:43am
Msg #4716

Re: Overnight delivery charges ...

Right. Thanks - I didn't find it in my instructions this time. So I did what a scheduler told me to do previously - send it and bill them. it *mght* work.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/20/04 10:16pm
Msg #4705

If you weren't given an account number to return the docs, then when you make out the shipping label, put the company down as both sender and recipient, and mark it to be paid by either sender or recipient - either way they will get billed.

But make sure the return instructions are not in your confirmation or with the edoc package.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.