Notary Rotary
Here's a new one
Notary Discussion History

Here's a new one
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by CA_Notary on 7/15/04 3:10pm
Msg #4471

Here's a new one

I found this ad on craigslist today. I thought it was kind of amusing. 10 signings a week for a whopping $450!

Traveling Notary.. The ideal candidate for this position requires a current notary commission, has reliable transportation, extreme flexibility, a positive attitude, knowledge of loan documents, the ability to take initiative to solve small problems, and responsibility to work in the field alone.

The person hired will be working for a loan document signing service. Therefore any prior experience in Real Estate, Escrow, or Mortgage would be helpful in this position. The person hired will be in direct communication with the owner of the signing service whose clients are escrow, mortgage, and real estate companies.

This is a full time position working between 25-40 hours each week. Rather than traditional office hours you will be required to take on 10 assignments each week. Each assignment typically lasts between 2-4 hours including the travel. The assignments come up same day and the evening before for the next day. FLEXIBLITY IS KEY. The future employee will not be paid on an hourly basis, but on a project basis. The ability to navigate the California road system is essential, as the person hired for this job will drive 400-700 miles each week. There will be partial fuel reimbursement.

A typical assignment would include picking up the documents from an office, delivering them to borrower, aiding borrower through the loan signing process, notarizing properly, and returning the documents to the office.

Business professional attire is required. Appointments take place during business hours and evening hours. All candidates for this position must be available for both.

A person who lives in the Burbank – Glendale area of Los Angeles would best be suited for this position since many of our client’s offices are in this area. Also, looking for a traveling notary in the Mission Hills area. Compensation starts at $450/week. There is the possibility of medical benefits in the future. In addition a person who is also fluent in Spanish would be a true asset.

Please send an email stating your interest, whether or not you are bilingual and give us a phone number where we can reach you. Attach a resume. Your being a notary currently is required. The ability for our office to contact with assignments is essential. Candidates who cannot easily be reached through the interview process will no longer be able to be considered.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/15/04 3:45pm
Msg #4474

My standard fee to pick up dox locally, get them signed and return them with a 24-hour turnaround is $150 in my five-county service area. For a newbie, though, looking to get 100 signings under his/her belt, $45 a signing plus gas reimbursement might not be too bad. I would have considered a locked-in 10 closings a week at $45 for my first 200 closings; that's about six months of work, and I've then got the experience I need to sell my services on the open market.

The downside is I don't much like the idea of working for somebody. I guess I've been a Lone Ranger for too many years to break to the saddle easily.

That analogy didn't work too well; the vision of the Lone Ranger wearing a saddle is not what I had in mind. I've been a Lone Stallion for too many years? Ive been a Stall Ranger for too many years? I've been a Rangy Stallion for too many years? I've been a Stalled Loner for too many years? Oh, forget it. I wouldn't take the job.

Reply by redonthehead on 7/15/04 5:04pm
Msg #4479

Isn't this just disgusting. How much more abuse can these signing services thrust onto a notary?????

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.