Notary Rotary
How about it, Harry?
Notary Discussion History

How about it, Harry?
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 7/3/04 10:15pm
Msg #3925

How about it, Harry?

Reckon we could persuade Harry to set up a FAQ section so we could direct the newbies with a question asked many times before to that section? It sure would be a service to both them and us.

Reply by Curious George on 7/4/04 2:07am
Msg #3926

I agree completely, that would be way more efficient. Also, being a newbie myself it would be alot easier than having to search on this posting for hours for an answer so that as not to annoy the seniors... though most if not everyone has been very gracious on the amount of information they share to us rookies. I am exceptionally grateful for all the advice thats given has helped me out a ton....Have a great & safe 4th of July.

~Anthony
Oregon

Reply by Anonymous on 7/4/04 10:59am
Msg #3938

I agree and mentioned this on one of the long posts a couple weeks back. Areas such as getting started, notary signing questions, equipment questions etc come up over and over again.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/4/04 10:43pm
Msg #3958

Hugh,

You are a truly entertaining writer, so I reckon you might get the job of drafting the FAQs if you aren't careful! I think it would be a good idea to have it.

You have a wonderful ability to put forth your voice and personality on this forum in an entertaining and delightful way.

I reckon, for some reason, I feel like watching Slingblade about now--off to Blockbuster's. LOL.

Your friend, a few counties over...

Brenda

Reply by HisHughness on 7/5/04 1:50am
Msg #3961

Okay, so here's what we'll do. We'll all pile on Harry, and demand the FAQ section. And we'll tell him that if he doesn't provide it, then we're going to demand that he set up a free forum open to all notaries.

Uh...okay, well, then, we'll tell him that he needs to make this forum really user friendly and set it up for that all the topics can be threaded, or the topics can be accessed by text, or they can be linear.

Um.......well, so, moving on to something else, we'll just demand free listings with Notary Rotary for every notary. How's that?

Uhhhhhhhh.......so, forget that. Let's get to the real meat of things. We'll just tell Harry that if he's not going to give us our FAQ then by danged he ought to at least give us a list of companies that do signings. Yeah, and he ought to rank them to, so we'll know which are the good ones.

Ummmmmmm........maybe we need to toss this FAQ idea around a bit more before we begin piling on Harry.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 7/5/04 2:37pm
Msg #3968

Hee-hee. Well, I thought about writing a basic signing agent guide and sticking it in The Library. Of course, my experience is pretty limited, so it would have to focus on things I know...like technology. The on-going printer threads, alone, could make that worthwhile.

Still, I think the forum search feature might prove to be as valuable. It's almost done and will be available to ALL users, though only Premier Members will be able to search by Author. (My wife tells me I can't keep giving everything away which, as you keenly point out, I have a terrible propensity to do.)

For now, though, I think I'll go catch a movie. :)

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.