Notary Rotary
How do I know if I am BONDED?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 7/23/04 11:20pm
Msg #4896

I am a notary in Florida, and I need a question answered. So many times I am asked for my bond...if required by my state. Is it required in Florida? If so, do I call Aaron's Notary Appointment Services and ask them for a copy of something? Any info is very much appreciated. ~Sondra

Reply by Anonymous on 7/23/04 11:26pm
Msg #4897

Well, I just did a search of a thread in May, and I discovered my answer. Thank you Sylvia. I know it seems like such a dumb question to ask, but I did call Aaron Notary Appointment Service a few months ago, and asked for my bond # or info. He said that my commission certificate would be coming in the mail any day, and THAT is all I needed. I do have a copy of my E/0 policy...but nothing that states BOND info. I guess I need to make another phone call to him.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 7/23/04 11:42pm
Msg #4898

By statute, in order to be a notary public in Florida, you MUST have a $7500 bond. The bond is held by the state of Florida. You do not need a certificate, and there is no special "number" associated with it, since it is required and held by the state.

When asked for your bond number, simply reply "Held by the State of Florida". When asked how much it is, reply "$7,500.00"

Reply by Sondra-FL on 7/24/04 9:23am
Msg #4904

Thanks PAW. I will do that. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.