Notary Rotary
Issues with Sign on the X
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by OREGON DAVE on 7/7/04 9:11pm
Msg #4047

I have done several signings with SIGN ON THE X and I haven’t received payment for 8 of these signings, which date as far back as November 2003. I know several of you have had payment problems with this company and various others so I can only think of one solution, and that is to go directly to the source. We should contact all the title companies directly and inform them of this problem.

I don’t see why the signing services should get paid and we shouldn’t. This is my full time job so I rely on the income that I receive from these signing services. The mortgage industry is slowing down so we should make a strong effort to get the money that we deserve while we have some free time, and I think we all have enough free time when it comes to getting what we deserve.

I have collected the names of the title company that I did my signings for and they are as followed:

Fidelity National Title Laguna Niguel
ATTN: Sue or Dane(949-365-7750)

New Century Title Irvine
ATTN: Joann(Manager)(949-726-1980)

I have contacted them with my complaints, and if you have done work with them or any other title company that has dealt with Sign on the X, please contact them ASAP and post their info on this board.

I know some of you might think that this is unprofessional but not paying people for honest work is what’s unprofessional.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/7/04 10:16pm
Msg #4048

I am waiting too. I wonder if we should not do a collective letter.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/8/04 8:59am
Msg #4063

While I agree that it is not right for signing services to get paid and for us not to get paid, I personally would never perform 8 signings for any one signing service without getting paid, especially if some signings dated 8 months back and with so much negative info posted on Sign on the X. JMO.

Reply by pan/nd on 7/8/04 1:35pm
Msg #4078

Re: Issues with Sign on the X

Reply by pan/nd on 7/8/04 1:35pm
Msg #4079

Re: Issues with Sign on the X

Reply by pan/nd on 7/8/04 1:41pm
Msg #4080

oops...sorry about the previous two blank posts..hit the wrong button.

Back to the case in point: SOX--without ever moving a muscle, no threats, no swearing, no browbeating, no phone calls....they paid me.......about a month ago....for a signing I did for them LAST OCTOBER.

NO MORE SOX.

The point being...from personal experience and from others on the notary boards: you WILL get paid......you'll just have to wait longer than heck to get the check.

It also appears they pay when they want and no amount of harrassment seems to speed them up.

MORAL: JUST SAY "NO!" and TELL THEM WHY!!

Reply by WI NotaryGal on 7/23/04 9:41am
Msg #4867

Thanks for the heads up re: Sign on the X. They called me for a signing and I passed. I have enough "no-pays" to contend with for now.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.