Notary Rotary
Non-ob Docs
Notary Discussion History

Non-ob Docs
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by maggie on 7/26/04 10:38pm
Msg #5016

Non-ob Docs

I am new to the signing agent business. I have been called to do a job. It says in the order that the borrower is to sign Non-Ob Docs. What does this mean and should I be extra careful of something specific. Thanks for the help.

Reply by SylviaFL on 7/27/04 6:57am
Msg #5039

It means the spouse is not on the loan. So, all they sign are the "legals"
Usually that is the Mortgage (DOT) and any riders to the mortgage, the TIL (truth in Lending) and the RTC (Right to Cancel).
The title docs may also have the spouse's name on them to sign.
When you get the docs, if the spouse's name is not on anything, call the title company and ask them which docs they want the non-obligor spouse to sign - some of them want the E&O signing as well.

If spouse' s name is on the signature line of any of the docs above, then that is fine, just have them sign the ones their names are on.

Sometimes the company will tell you that the non-ob spouse is to sign ahead so you can make sure they are there to sign the necessaries.

(The non-ob spouse is NOT a borrower, but has to sign certain docs in spousal states)

Hope this helpsSmiley

Sylvia

Reply by Maggie on 7/27/04 11:30am
Msg #5048

Thank you so much Sylvia! You have helped me greatly!!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/27/04 11:48am
Msg #5050

You are more than welcome Maggie. I am only too happy to be able to helpSmiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.