Notary Abuse
Notary Discussion History

Notary Abuse
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Dmoore on 7/21/04 4:36pm
Msg #4759

Notary Abuse

How Much is to Much!
I'm having a bad week or Month more like it.
again, did a closing for a company that call me last friday to do a cclosing for sat morning 9:00 am
O.K. I have no problem with at, Just as long as the DOC'S get to me before 12:00 Sat. the Operation Manger says O.K. she will call the title company make sure they send them out for early morning deliver by 8:00 am she wright this on my confirmation. I let her know that MY policy is to charge double after 12: noon Sat, I told her to make sure the company that they are using does early deliver on Sat moring she call the title company called me back and said yes they will be there by 8.am well they did not get to the borrower until 11;00 am I couldn't do there closing until 2:00 pm, she also assured me that there would be someone available at the title company sat , there wasn't nor could I contact her and the borrowes was call wanting to close, so I go close the loan. call left meassage with Gold coast (gail) letting her know the saturation and that I need a revised comfirmation.
Monday monring Gail call to see if the closing took place, I gave her the details , she thank me very nicely and told me she would email the revised confirmation , I gave her my e-mail address and went to work got back there was no confrimation in mail I call her back, lekt a massage with email spelled out incase mis-spelled , I also have another policy no doc gos out with a confirmation never got the email, so last attempt called back gail answers I let her know I did not recieve the confirmation, she said had been very busy and that she would send shortly and I call the title company the contact person there told me they hire gold coast and I would need to deal with Gail O.K. no problem.

Tuesday, get up have a meeting out of town check for I left no confirmation. then I get a call from Gail she leaves a messgae about the package hasn't arrived to the title company, another message from the title contact person same person I talk to on monday that said deal with Gail so I was dealing with Gail, and the story go on. when time allowed I call Gail at Gold Coast back I didn't want her to think I was avoiding her, I let her no my other Policy and assured her that if the person I left in my office has a confrimation that the doc's are sent and I ask was she sure they were e-mail but to sure she could also fax it and I would try to get in touch with my person that work for me to tell her to send the doc out Gail ask that if nothing else she just need the TR# if I could call back with that and , I got back in town last night no confirmation , first thing this morning I get a Fax cover sheet with an agreed fee listed, I call Gail she wanted to know the tracking # I told her I would fax an invoice with TR# I did . afew hours later I got a call from the Title Company UNITED TITLE the Manager Tara she was upset and accused me of holding there doc's I told Ms Tara the hold story and told her to Deal with Gail at Gold Coast the company they hired and I let her know that maybe she'll think twice before trying that on a nother notary. and no I don't expect to recieve that fee. but so what I've lost more from no good companies, and Tara blames me for the Borrower losing there rate and she haft to draw new Doc's maybe they will call me LOL !!!
and I'm am sorry for the Borrower they seem like very nice people, the borrower was very unhappy with the title company they had been working on this sense late
April that's Bad.

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/21/04 4:53pm
Msg #4760

Re: Notary Abuse - you were WRONG!

You were absolutely wrong and unprofessional in holding the docs hostage. You are responsible for the borrowers losing their rate; they are suffering for something that was not their fault, as your issues are not with them. It is irresponsible action such as this that reflects poorly upon all NSAs and fuel the call for attorney only states.

Reply by Glena on 7/24/04 8:35pm
Msg #4927

Re: Notary Abuse - you were WRONG!

I heard of other notaries who got sued because of this type of actions. You can not hold the documents hostage...no matter what! You were trying to chase a small amount of money for a possibility of getting sued. Lucky for you if the lender will not pursue this. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OF YOU! I wish you luck as it is obvious you have never been informed of the consequences for such actions before.

Reply by lan/tn on 7/21/04 5:13pm
Msg #4764

This posting must be a joke. It is unprofessional from start to finish. You are a prime candidate for legal action. Get another line of work.

Reply by Ali-IL on 7/21/04 5:22pm
Msg #4765

I am new,but, I would have not held their docs. It was not the borrowers fault.

Reply by NOTARY/WA on 7/21/04 6:28pm
Msg #4772

Besides being THE worst writer/speller I have ever seen on this board.... You were WAY out of line to keep these peoples documents. YOU cost these borrowers their rate and probably the whole deal for the current lender. I am surprised you would even post something like this so that we can all see how unprofessional some SAs can be. You are the reason we get treated badly by Title companies and signing agencies. PLEASE go find another job and leave this business to people who actually know how to conduct themselves professionally.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/21/04 7:24pm
Msg #4775

I like to be both non-judgmental and supportive of my peers, but I have to say, Dmoore, you are unquestionably the most unprofessional and apparently unqualified signing agent I have encountered in the two years I have been in the business. If I had three hopes for you, they would be, in order:

1. That you quickly develop some ethics, like maybe before midnight tonight;

2. That you communicate better orally than you do in writing; and

3. That you learn how to get a point across without whining.

My fervent hope for the rest of the world is that you are not a typical product of the contemporary public school system.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I suspect that if someone back around the second or third grade had begun taking that attitude with you, and if your teachers had continued taking that tack for the next nine or ten years -- or however long it took you to get through whatever school you went through -- then those of us on this board would have been spared many excrutiatingly painful exposures in the past few weeks.

If you propose to be successful at any business other than working at the car wash, you need to go to the public library, check out a couple of books on elementary language usage, spelling and mechanics, and spend the next few months learning what you should have learned between the ages of 6 and 18. That will give you plenty of time to develop some business ethics also, and maybe even time to work on more positive methods of relating to the rest of us.

Reply by Eatha on 7/22/04 8:17am
Msg #4795

He/She may not be a product of our school system, Mr. Hugh. Not everyone here was born and raised in this country.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/22/04 12:34pm
Msg #4810

Too true EathaSmiley I didn;t go to school here eitherSmiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/21/04 7:32pm
Msg #4776

Holding the docs and causing the borrowers to lose a rate lock could end up in you being sued! You never ever hold loan docs back!

Hope you have good liability insurance if the borrowers realize it is you that cause the loss of a rate lock!

I have never heard of a signing agent acting this unprofessional in the years I have been doing this!

Reply by Arthur on 7/21/04 8:04pm
Msg #4781

DMoore:
Holding loan docs hostage is not the way to accomplish your mission. You might need to re-think your "policy".

As for the content of your posting, well, I'm Southern, so all I can say is, "Bless your heart".

Reply by Cynthia Wriske on 7/24/04 1:23pm
Msg #4911

WHAT SCARES ME IS HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU GET YOUR NOTARY COMMISION WITH YOUR POOR GRAMMAR? I HOPE YOU DONT READ LIKE YOU SPELL.

Reply by Liz/MD on 7/24/04 9:14pm
Msg #4928

I called Tony, my brother in law, Godfather to my kids he will take care of Dmoore.

Reply by Johan Orcatax on 7/26/04 12:29pm
Msg #4974

Time to do some clean-up in the notary business and spit people like you out.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.