Notary Rotary
Saturation Woes
Notary Discussion History

Saturation Woes
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Tammy Jurgens on 7/21/04 11:02pm
Msg #4792

Saturation Woes

As with any new "hot, money-making idea," people jump in feet first without looking just to make some money “quick and easy.”

Fortunately, for those of us who view the signing agent profession as a long-term career, the cream always rises to the top and the rats jump ship first (mixing metaphors here! sorry!). I believe that this will happen here as well. Indicative of this are two separate phone calls I received this past week. Instead of starting out with the usual question of “are you available?,” instead I was asked “are you still a Signing Agent?”

It really made me think: hmmm (me tapping my finger to my forehead), they must be calling people who have “quit” the profession, but are still listed (because they are too lazy, disillusioned, or just don’t care to take the time to remove their information).

Therefore, I believe that for those of us who have faith in this business, treat it like a business, do our homework and strive to do our best (ALWAYS in a professinal manner), the market will even out soon for us and we'll all be just fine. Hang in there everyone! :-)

Reply by Jennifer Rundall on 7/22/04 11:01am
Msg #4802

I got the SAME question from a signing company earlier this week. And funny enough, that same tought ran through my head.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/22/04 12:33pm
Msg #4809

Could also be that the NNA has in the past (don't know if it is still correct) notaries listed in their SA section who are notaries but not signing agents. So, companies want to make sure.
I know when I call a signing agent from their listing I always ask if they are still doing loan signings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.