Notary Rotary
Unreliable signing agency
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by June on 7/6/04 11:19pm
Msg #4010

I did 2 signings for Beacon Rock and was sent 2 bad checks for payment. They were returned to my bank stating account closed. This was after serveral attempts to get paid. I have made serveral calls to try to recover for these sighnings but to no avail. If anyone has had any similar problems with this company please let me know and also any suggestions on how to get reimbursed.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/6/04 11:26pm
Msg #4011

Take the checks to your local prosecuting attorney. ISF checks are a crime in most states. Prosecutors like to help businessmen, who remember them when campaign time rolls around.

Reply by Brenda on 7/7/04 7:30am
Msg #4015

Sighnings

I like your new spelling. More descriptive of what we sometimes go through.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 7/7/04 8:25am
Msg #4016

Re: Sighnings

I agree with Hugh, it is a Felony to write a check on a closed account in any state. You may never recover you loss, but you Will put these bums out of business forever.

Reply by Joan_OH on 7/7/04 9:18am
Msg #4019

When I had a difficult time getting paid from Beacon-Rock, I contacted the Title Company and they put a bug in their ear. I had heard in March that they were bankrupt or nearly there and passing bad checks, so I was very aggressive in collecting.

Good Luck

Joan-OH

Reply by redonthehead on 7/7/04 9:50am
Msg #4020

Go to the "NotaryBeware" website. This will clue you in on some of the signing agencies that have either closed their doors, are extremely slow in compensation or don't pay at all.

Reply by mike mchenry on 7/7/04 3:13pm
Msg #4037

oh! i did e-mail [e-mail address]

Reply by mike mchenry on 7/7/04 3:51pm
Msg #4039

June i just spoke with a rep from servicepro said he could intervine if they were connected. check confirmation sheet see if there listed as a cc

Reply by mike mchenry on 7/7/04 4:24pm
Msg #4041

june - just heard from beacon rock asking if i had gotten there check yet

Reply by mike mchenry on 7/7/04 3:03pm
Msg #4035

still waiting for pay from may signing

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.