Notary Rotary
Watch out
Notary Discussion History

Watch out
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by redonthehead on 7/16/04 12:11pm
Msg #4534

Watch out

Have a signing this evening 66 miles away. Received the docs this morning. Was not told that it was a double loan so I called the title company. Here is what I got. "Well, since you are going to be there anyway, and the package isn't that big, I didn't think it would matter". AHHH! I stated well, that is from your point of view, but from a notary's point of view, it does matter. And then she stated she was also a notary and didn't know whether there were enough funds to pay the extra fee and she might have to call another notary to COME get the docs. And then I was informed, that this is ran through a "broker" signing company. Mind you, I was contacted by the title company. This is one of the major title companies. She finally agreed to pay the extra fee. So, beware of Fidelity National Title out of Temecula whose signing service "broker" is "Direct Notaries".

Reply by Christie Costello on 7/16/04 2:13pm
Msg #4541

I have heard of this happening to quite a few people...a company not mentioning the fact that a signing is for 2 loans. I absolutely hate going back to companies for more money. That is the exact reason I began asking (during the initial request phone calls) what type of signing it was, and if it was one or two loans.

Thanks for giving us the heads-up. :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.