Notary Rotary
What Happened Hughness?
Notary Discussion History

What Happened Hughness?
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by NNA Lover on 7/26/04 7:56am
Msg #4960

What Happened Hughness?

Hughness, I suspect that you don't know how to respond when someone points out that you have provided information without having the facts to back up your claims.

You said in one posting/// "The NNA has indeed grown, that by focusing on lining the pockets of its executives and staff instead of focusing on the needs of its members."

Then admitted in another posting/// "I don't know what the (NNA) executives' salaries, bonuses, commissions, benefits, stock options, restroom privileges, etc. are..."

You should have never made the claim that the NNA is focusing on lining the pockets of its executives and staff unless you knew that to be true. One would figure that a retired lawyer would know that you should have facts prior to making such statements.

I guess you didn't have the facts on your side and I embarrassed you. Is that why you decided to call me all those names and to try to insult me? Just look at how you acted when I challenged your facts. Imagine what you would have done if I disagreed with your opinions.

You also complained complained /// I have occasionally complained about arrogant whippersnappers who would be better served by paying more attention to their potty training, rather than being disrespectful to their betters.

Perhaps you should spend more time trying to actually be better. Then you would have not have to worry about whippersnappers not being respectful to you. Respect is something that you earn. It isn't required simply because of your age. It is earned by your actions. You actions of making statements without the facts does not earn your respect. Certainly your comments designed to insult me did not help you earn it.

I suggest you try earning the respect in the future. I give respect where respect is due.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/26/04 9:37am
Msg #4963

Lover grumbled:

"You should have never made the claim that the NNA is focusing on lining the pockets of its executives and staff unless you knew that to be true. One would figure that a retired lawyer would know that you should have facts prior to making such statements."

There is a legal maxim: "Res ipsa loquitur." Translated from the Latin, that means "The thing speaks for itself." In other words, when you find a roach in your Coke, somebody has fouled up. That principle applies precisely to an instance in which a non-profit organization fails miserably to address the needs of its members, but does devote ample resources to functions that generate revenue. That's what NNA is doing, Lover, as is easily ascertained by the comments on this board. Those revenues go somewhere. They go to improve the financial well-being of the NNA executives and staff, whose competition is tied to sales and membership growth.

You have grown tiresome, and I have grown tired of you being tiresome. Begone!

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/26/04 1:05pm
Msg #4977

The NNA (your employer) blows. Period. Deal with it and stop whining in here about it.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/26/04 1:18pm
Msg #4980

Right on! This mindless idiot should get back to NNA work. I've only been in the business for 6 months and it's clear to me what NNA is really interested in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/26/04 1:25pm
Msg #4983

The sad thing is that instead of coming in here and defending the NNA until she's blue in the face, NNA Lover SHOULD be showing her superiors these threads so they can see what the perception of the NNA is among the notary community. If they care about us as much as she says they do <snicker> then I'd think they'd be concerned that so many of us think they're nothing more than money grubbing bastards.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/26/04 2:11pm
Msg #4987

To show you how concerned they are about money I just received notification and a bill that my membership will expire in 2/05. Boy! they can't wait. I was so annoyed I threw the darn thing in the trash. If I renew it won't be before 2/05......please.

Reply by ali-IL on 7/26/04 4:25pm
Msg #4994

I have struggle with the NNA since the beginning. When I was told that something would go out right away it didn't. I had to contact them a bunch of times just to be able to log in as a new member. Everytime I would call, they would give me some info but not all.
I was telling my husband last night that, It's like asking how to turn a light on. They tell you there is the switch push it up and it goes on. Not why that hapened.
I may not want to stay a member next year, but, I would lose my certification.

Reply by MAKES ME WONDER? FL on 7/26/04 7:56pm
Msg #5004

With all the "mobiles" in Jacksonville- Sundays Time Union Want Ads- under Office/ Clerical had an AD- Big bold Headings- " HOME-BASED BUSINESS, NO SALES, HIGH DEMAND, PART TIME-Notorize signatures on mortgage documents. $50-$125 per signing, become a Signing Agent .call 1 866-867-6827 [e-mail address] NationalNotary.org great jobs." I am a little interested in WHY? This thread may not be so far off base.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/26/04 10:09pm
Msg #5010

Makes Me Wonder?FL posted:

"With all the "mobiles" in Jacksonville- Sundays Time Union Want Ads- under Office/ Clerical had an AD- Big bold Headings- " HOME-BASED BUSINESS, NO SALES, HIGH DEMAND, PART TIME-Notorize signatures on mortgage documents. $50-$125 per signing, become a Signing Agent .call 1 866-867-6827 [e-mail address] NationalNotary.org great jobs." I am a little interested in WHY? This thread may not be so far off base."

Check out the earlier thread (Signing Registry thread on the previous page - the thread where the NNA Staff member has responded), Paul/FL posted the same ad - except it was on Monster.com for the Tampa area.

Reply by MAKES ME WONDER? on 7/27/04 5:56am
Msg #5037

Re: What Happened ...? SYLVIA--FL

Tried to locate the thread from Paul..Fl. you mentioned, but didn't seem to pop out at me. You did get me to put this new computer to work- (the dinasour I had, was like the old"Marchants Calculators" (think thats mispelled) -Paw might remember them-- back in the early 50's- before the " transister and micro-chip" became the fad.) Now you made me go into Previous Threads on this Board- and there's a "new- old world" here to explore of Great Wisdom and Input for this Loggerhead.. It amazes me Sylvia- over the last say 6000 years- knowledge they say "doubled" every 1500 years or so-- but its been doubling in ever increasing shorter time frames- now I hear it's every 20 MONTHS. Maybe in the next year we'll step in a phone booth- dial a number- and" POOF" a Mobile Notary is "at your service". SELAH.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/27/04 7:37pm
Msg #5094

PAW would definitely remember the early Marchant's calculator - probably remembers the XL -EEG9's - Pony Models - he is older than dirtSmiley

Now Pops is going to send me to my room without dessert I know it - he is so mean to me!!

(Smith-Corona merged with Marchant Calculator company (SCM) in the late 50's)

Reply by HisHughness on 7/27/04 8:37pm
Msg #5096

Ah....Smith-Corona. That brings back memories. I must have typed at least a million words on a small S-C portable electric. Paid my way through law school writing murder mysteries for pulp magazines like True Detective (I'm the author of such never-to-be-forgotten pieces as "Who Chopped Off the Mechanic's Head?", "A Dum-Dum Bullet for Diana," and "Women and Whiskey Were the Death of Georgia's One-Legged Lover"). Those were the days.

Reply by mack/ca on 7/26/04 8:10pm
Msg #5005

Ali why would you lose your certification. they can't take it away. You earned it you own it.
You may not be a member but you were certified by them so run with it. Just don't claim to be a member, but you can claim to be certified by them..

mack

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/27/04 3:32pm
Msg #5075

I wouldn't worry about losing your certification. I'm not certified by any organization and I get plenty of work. Your experience is MUCH more valuable than a worthless NNA certification, and most companies won't give a crap whether you're certified or not. The NNA just wants you to think it's necessary so you'll keep paying them.

Reply by Ali-IL on 7/27/04 5:41pm
Msg #5087

I figured that since we have to get recertified is it every 2 years that I would have to retake test? So, I thought that I couldn't claim the certification after that. I had a question for the NNA and, they suggested that I buy another book from them. Are they advisers or just vendors? But, I guess that after that time, enough companies should know of you. Always keeping in mind of the good service that we should provide even to the low paying SS's

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.