Notary Rotary
ESSnetwork.com Notary Registration
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by Marita Kubersky on 7/1/04 3:28pm
Msg #3820

Did any of you get an e-mail from ESSnetwork encouraging notaries to register and offering a $30 rebate? Have any of you had any experience with ESSnetwork? Any feedback? They advertise a "Chance To Work Directly With Lenders and Escrow Companies", and say that most of the fees they pay notaries are $175. Is this for real? They charge $99 for setup/reg fee and a monthly fee as well. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who knows anything about them. Thanks!

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/1/04 3:29pm
Msg #3821

Several people have mentioned receiving this email in the past few days. I'd suggest you read through the older messages.

Reply by Marita Kubersky on 7/1/04 10:22pm
Msg #3841

Thanks, I'd like to, but the messages only go back as far as 6/30, and I didn't see anything about ESSnetwork in them.

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/1/04 11:05pm
Msg #3843

Hit the "prev" button at the bottom of the page. It goes all the way back to the first post on this board.

But to answer, the site seems like a ripoff. There are a zillion ways to register with signing services, there is no reason to pay a monthly membership fee to be listed on some obscure site.

Reply by Notary ML on 7/2/04 9:37am
Msg #3849

ESS = Elite Signing Services - yeah, I've done business with them. But never had to pay a fee. As far as what they pay -- they pay about $60-$75 a closing and no more. Also, they are very slow in paying. My advice, go with a more established company.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 7/2/04 12:17pm
Msg #3854

Different folks

Elilte Signing Service is a signing service in Illinois
Esrow Signing Service is a referral service in Califonia
So far as I know, all the have in common are the initials
ESS
I spoke to the Californial folks at the NNA in Philly
After seeing their web site, I have a real tough time justifying paying their fees. I will reserve judgement until NSAs who do sign up with them report on jobs they receive though the service.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/2/04 10:38pm
Msg #3881

Clarification on Elite Signing Service

There are two Elite Signing Services - not related to each other.
Elite Signing Service in Cary, Illinois has a bad reputation for not paying their notaries (for over two years they have used the excuse that one of their employees who was related to them embezzled the funds)

Elite Signing out of Kansas City, MO is an excellent company and does pay their notaries on time. Vicki is great to work with. I think when she calls about a signing she will stress that she is the Elite out of Kansas City.

So, pleaae make sure which Elite Signing Service you deal with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.