Notary Rotary
printing documents
Notary Discussion History

printing documents
Go Back to July, 2004 Index

Posted by EP_Virginia on 7/30/04 8:32am
Msg #5223

printing documents

I received e-docs, but when I went to print the entire closing package, my printer did a "shrink to size" and everything was printed on letter size paper. How should this be handled in the future. I know certain documents are on legal size paper, and some documents are on letter size paper. Can someone tell me how this can be handled more efficiently? Do I need to manually print each document? Thanks for your responses.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/30/04 9:05am
Msg #5224

I always print everything on legal size paper

as do most SA's. I have never had a lender or title company complain, but I always let them know of my procedures:-)

Reply by EP_Virginia on 7/30/04 9:11am
Msg #5226

Re: I always print everything on legal size paper

As a rule, does everyone print documents on legal size paper? That would make things a lot more simple. However, does the lender/title company agree or disagree with this procedure? Thanks again.

Reply by Dogmonger, CA on 7/30/04 9:17am
Msg #5227

Most everyone prints everything on legal

the only exception would be those who have printers with dual trays who have the ability to automatically print both sizes. In the past few years, no one has ever questioned printing everything on legal. My sister did once get a e-mail assignment where they sent two files, one for letter, one for legal. JMHO:-)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/30/04 9:37am
Msg #5228

Re: Most everyone prints everything on legal

I have had a couple of companies in the past send me two pdf files, one letter, one legal. On those I will print the different sizes, otherwise everything is done on legal.

Did have one from, I believe, Service Link, they didn't get the docs to me on time, and so e-mailed them as a .doc file. They said to print everything on legal.
But apparently printing the mortgage on legal changed the font size and it was not acceptable at the recorders office, so they then overnighted a mortgage to me and had the borrowers sign it. (and paid me to go out again)

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/30/04 10:16am
Msg #5231

I print on legal size paper. However, I set the printer settings to make sure that it is printing without changing the size of the document.

Reply by Elizabeth_CA on 7/30/04 11:23am
Msg #5238

How do you set the printer settings to do that?

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/30/04 12:17pm
Msg #5243

Depending on what kind of printer you are using, when you go to || FILE || PRINT ||you should get a window that gives you a ||PREFERENCES || button. That should give some additional options. Experiment with those and see if this helps.

If not, post the type of printer you are using and perhaps someone who has the same type can help. If you still need help, go to my profile and use my phone number to call me. If I can help, I will be glad to.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/30/04 9:07am
Msg #5225

If these are pdf files, when you select to print, you may need to set your preferences to legal size - and make sure only legal size paper is in the printer. I always have to set to print at legal.

Reply by EP-Virginia on 7/30/04 10:16am
Msg #5232

Thanks so much for your responses.

Reply by redonthehead on 7/30/04 10:23am
Msg #5234

Some lenders will only accept doc's that have to be recorded on letter-sized paper and this will usually be stated in the instructions to the notary. I always print the copies to the borrowers on legal and then if instructed to do so, print the legals on letter-sized which will be going back to the lender.

Reply by LorraineK/FL on 7/30/04 7:36pm
Msg #5257

I've, in my limited experience, just set to print Legal. I do have dual trays - so, if I load both trays would it automatically know what to do? Sorry...kinda dumb about printers.

Reply by Christie Costello on 8/13/04 3:31am
Msg #6008

Not a dumb question. I actually tested this myself on my dual tray printer. It depends on your printer...and the software you are printing from. Some do...some don't.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.