Notary Rotary
Certification
Notary Discussion History

Certification
Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by AngelFL on 6/9/04 6:00pm
Msg #2905

Certification

I am a notary in Florida. Does anyone have any suggestions on companies to get signing agent certification?

Thanks in advance,
Angel

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/9/04 9:21pm
Msg #2922

I'm a notary in Florida and I am NOT certified. I do plan to order and take the NNA test (not the course, just the test) but, I've been too busy. I have worked in the biz for four years and frankly, from comments on this and other boards, I don't know that it's even worth it to become certified. I suppose, it depends on your background. JMHO

Reply by Anonymous on 6/10/04 3:59pm
Msg #2962

Thanks,

I just recently became a notaryin FL, so I am new to all this and trying to get some advice before I spend any unnecessary money. So you can be a mobile notary without being certified? Again, thanks for your help. ATH

Reply by Gracie on 6/15/04 9:50am
Msg #3051

You do NOT need certification to be a mobile notary in any state. There are no state standards for testing or otherwise examining mobile notaries other than the requirements to be a notary in your state.

Certification courses are informational only. If a signing company thinks a notary is "better" because he or she has a certificate from a "certification" course, that company is being deceived.

The only thing you need to be is a good notary and do your notarial duties correctly and responsibly.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.