Notary Rotary
Enjoa
Notary Discussion History

Enjoa
Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 6/4/04 12:42am
Msg #2704

Enjoa

I have been waiting to see if anyone will make comment on whether or not they use Enjoa! to sign docs. I realize that the technology will become necessary, at some point, but I am not sure that Enjoa! will set the standard.

I very well remember Betamax VCRS, and all those Unix based personal computers that were best used for anchors a year out of the box if youwanted to use them...no movies, no software.

I am sure there will be competition, eventually, that will bring prices down from the current cost of the Enjoa! fingerprint/signing gizmo which is currently $487 for the pad to sign on, with thumbprint pad, plus a web camera, or--you can buy it for $398 without the camera. Buyers must be members of NNA or it will be $152 more.

The article from June 03 Bus Week Mag is the latest thing, I suppose, that has been written for consumers. That is the link referred to by NNA.

I am curious. Anyone?

Anyone?

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 6/4/04 7:14am
Msg #2706

Personally, I don't see Enjoa happening any time soon for the following reasons:

- Cost prohibitive, especially for mobile notaries

- Impractical for mobile notaries

- Technology not accepted in all states and counties/parishes

- May not conform to state requirements, especially given that notaries often must use only ONE, sequentially numbered and bound journal.

- Exception handling for journal entries is not provided. (Ex. Signing with a stamp.)

Reply by Me too on 6/4/04 10:55am
Msg #2716

I agree with Paul's points about impractibility and lack of conformation to regulations.

I think the only reason the NNA gives it so much press is that they want to sell lots of the machines.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 6/5/04 9:16am
Msg #2755

As long as printed Paper documents are in use, there will be need of Wet signatures. I dont see any change in the Near Future. There will always be a need for notaries. (at least until the retna scan is improved) lol

Reply by Margaret S. Craig on 6/6/04 11:21pm
Msg #2788

I just came back from the NNA convention. The Enjoa will be the platform and also be training Notaries on its use. We were told by some of the signing companies and technology companies that digital documents will most likely be a reality by the end of the year. I have my Enjoa and companies will be asking if you will have the capabilty. The Navy Federal Credit Union is already doing it. They are the pilot program. I live in a Navy Town and I want to be ready when they start using me for Digital Docs too.

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 6/7/04 12:15pm
Msg #2803

But the Enjoa is only an Electronic Notary Journal. Awful expensive for a journal. I prefer my printed one, more portable, and if I drop it, it won't break.

Digital docs are a ways off. Although most states have passed the UETA, there is no standard format. You would need to get all lenders, title companies, recorders offices agreeing to a standard format, and getting them to put out the money for the equipment. Most recorders offices budgets won't want to allow for it.

Reply by BrendaTX on 6/6/04 7:42pm
Msg #2785

I agree that until the standard is set and put into practice that the price is pretty outrageous, and I believe it would get a borrower pretty jazzed and worried if I whipped out a box full of electronics for the signing. This is something that I see little comment on, except for one site. Bridgespan Title mentions it, but that's the only time I have seen a request.

Thanks for the input all. Brenda

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 6/7/04 12:29am
Msg #2789

If they want to set it as the standard, I will gladly go up in my fees!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.