Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How did you study for your notary exam???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by K./San Diego on 6/28/04 5:44pm
Msg #3622

I was going to go thru NNA but I did my research on the pros and cons of the live seminar and it seems like their is alot more cons than their is pros. Alot of people said that they had teachers who just passed out their reading materials and told them to study for 6 hours. Then for the remaining 2 hours the class would ask the teacher questions. Then after that the people from the state would come in so they could take the state exam.

That's not what I'm really looking for.

I was wondering if anybody on this board passed the exam by self studying???

If so can you give me some websites that sell good study material??

Most of the websites i've visited seem like they are selling a "get rich quick, get the big bucks right away" handbook instead of trying to teach.

Thanks.
K. from San Diego

Reply by Joan on 6/28/04 6:18pm
Msg #3624

I just got the handbook from the Secretary of State and studied that.

Reply by CA_Notary on 6/28/04 8:07pm
Msg #3634

Same here, just read the handbook a couple of times, passed with no problem.

Reply by Jon on 6/28/04 6:46pm
Msg #3626

All the information you need to pass the exam is in the Notary Handbook. I have never taken a class, but I also like to read and learn. Keep in mind that starting Jan. 1, 2005, you will be required to take a SOS approved course to get your commission.

Reply by K./San Diego on 6/30/04 9:31am
Msg #3707

Re: THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS!!!

Phew!!! Thanks for the answers guys and girls. I love the people on this board. I printed out the handbook and on my second day of studying. It's good to know that is all I need.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/30/04 2:02pm
Msg #3729

I teach notary classes for www.notaryclasses.com. You can sign up on that site. I would very much recommend you take a class. Its a difficult test to pass without the classroom instructions.

Also if you take it with notaryclasses.com you won't be bored to death as you will be with the National Notary Assoc.

Good luck!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.