Notary Rotary
Is anyone certified by 123Notary.com?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by Mare on 6/5/04 2:18pm
Msg #2759

I just took the cetifiacation test today and I am waiting for the results. The only question I think I got wrong was how to sign for yourself and power of attorney for someone else. I wrote: John Doe, as attorney in fact for Jane Doe, which I think is wrong. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 6/6/04 7:35am
Msg #2764

Your answer to the attorney in fact question is correct, it is John Doe as attorney in fact for Jane Doe

Sylvia M Mease
ASN Certified Notary Instructor

Reply by Tess/ME on 6/6/04 7:54am
Msg #2765

The way I do the POA is to have John Doe sign Jane's name and then "by" John Doe Atty-in-fact.
I did one a couple weeks ago that way and it was not rejected. Also had 2 signings that went to Florida and they were accepted as well.

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 6/6/04 9:34am
Msg #2768

Tess,
Either form is acceptible - Jane Doe by John Doe, atty in fact, or John Doe as atty n fact for Jane Doe.

Sylvia/FL

Reply by Tess/ME on 6/6/04 12:04pm
Msg #2771

Sylvia.... :)

Reply by Carolanne_PA on 6/6/04 8:56am
Msg #2766

I recently became certified by 123Notary.com. I am not sure it will make any difference in the number of calls I receive from that site. At $9, it seemed like a risk worth taking. I haven't received any calls from there in months. Within a day of being certified I did receive a call that resulted in a job. I don't know if the two are related. Good luck with your results.

Reply by Maryann Romantini on 6/6/04 3:38pm
Msg #2777

Well, I got the results and 100% correct! Now they say I can get a free listing. I'll give that a shot first since they are located in CA and the list they provided me are a lot of title co's over there so I don't know if that will be any help to me.
I am looking forward to doing my first signing, hopefully soon.

Reply by Notaryml on 6/7/04 10:13am
Msg #2798

Hey man, I'm already certified by NNA --- How many dam certs do we need? Nah, not going to do it. I'll join as a member, but no reason to test me more than I need to be tested. Just another way of squeezing what little money we make.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/6/04 7:09pm
Msg #2783

How does there certification test take place? Is it over the phone or on the Interent? Thanks

Reply by Carolanne_PA on 6/6/04 7:17pm
Msg #2784

I took the test online and received the results via email rather quickly.

Reply by Mare on 6/7/04 2:49pm
Msg #2813

The test was given online and it was part of a loan signing course that I took with them so the test was included in the price of the course.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.