Notary Rotary
My phone isn't ringing
Notary Discussion History

My phone isn't ringing
Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by Jennifer Miller on 6/3/04 6:40am
Msg #2624

My phone isn't ringing

Due to the interest rate hike since April, my phone hasn't been ringing very much. Is it me or is everyone having the same problem?

Reply by Lyrae Owens on 6/3/04 8:55am
Msg #2628

I have been doing very well since December of 03. The number of closings I increased every month. A friend of mine doubled for the past 2 months and June is looking pretty good. Hang in there. I am in VA.

Reply by east coast on 6/3/04 8:55am
Msg #2629

I thought it was just me! I'm hoping it picks up soon....

Reply by Anonymous on 6/3/04 8:59am
Msg #2630

It's been so slow for me I'm thinking of becoming a call girl -- and I'm the wrong sex for it!

Reply by Notary on 6/3/04 9:20am
Msg #2631

Where do you live? In some areas there is more business than others. Maybe you should contact some more notary companies, and sign up with them. I beleive you need to look for business when it is slow. Build new relationships with other companies to keep the business steady. I had one company call me to do several closings in my area. Have not heard from them since mid to late May. However, it is the beginning of the month. Hang in there.

Reply by Cheryl CA on 6/3/04 9:22am
Msg #2633

Don't give up. This is the start of Holiday summer months. Things will pick up, I'm only doing 4 a day instead of my usual 8-12 signings. Frankly, I'm happy for the R&R. Do some creative marketing now. check out www.wildsigings.com.

Reply by Debbie/FL on 6/3/04 5:15pm
Msg #2683

I have 7 signings this week and turned down 4.

I wish you luck

Reply by Ter/Fl on 6/3/04 9:27pm
Msg #2696

Re: My phone isn't ringing-what part of FL?

Just curious... where in Florida do you live??

Reply by Debbie/ FL on 6/4/04 10:04am
Msg #2709

Re: My phone isn't ringing-what part of FL?

Pensacola (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa counties) I mostly do Escambia and Santa Rosa.

Reply by Derrick/MT on 6/3/04 5:17pm
Msg #2684

I have had 5 signing this week and have 2 setup already for next week. I hope everything picks up for you. This is not the norm for my City.

Reply by Bob/New York on 6/3/04 7:53pm
Msg #2694

Live on Long Island it's been really quiet.

Reply by Jennifer Miller on 6/3/04 10:03pm
Msg #2698

Thank you for all your responses I appreciate them. In the last 6 weeks because I was slow, I must of signed up with over 150 companies. I live on Long Island, NY and everyone around me seems to have the same response. I guess business is good in different areas of the country. However, I have gotten 2 calls from the same company. I am use to at least 3/4 calls a day. Thanks again!

Reply by Bob/New York on 6/4/04 7:08pm
Msg #2747

Hi Jennifer i am also from Long Island Coram are we close?

Reply by Jennifer Miller on 6/5/04 4:25pm
Msg #2761

Hi Bob, I am in East Meadow. Your phone has been slow also?
Every night I am on the internet, signing up with at least 10 different companies. I believe its the interest rates, they keep going up and as soon as they come down we should get busy again.

Reply by Bob?New York on 6/6/04 10:26am
Msg #2769

Hi Jennifer,
I agree it's like anything else we just need to hang in there.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.