Notary Rotary
NOTARIES UNITE...TOGETHER WE CAN...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by MELANIE, MS on 6/16/04 7:22am
Msg #3088

I have heard of the companies that don't seem to want to pay for our services. My friend who got me started doing this closing thing, is going to quit because of not being paid, she isn't going to close any more loans until she receives her money for all the ones she has done. Of course, she negelected to inform me of this prior to beginning. I am very new and have not received my first check.

What if we all united requiring payment at time of signing via check in with the docs if they are shipped or direct deposit to our accounts or just payment period before closing as they don't pay in a timely fashion...I am owed money from the same company that owes my friend and I am really upset at the thought of being messed out of monies owed me. The company keeps emailing the checks are coming, the checks are coming---sort of like Paul Revere (LOL) but it isn't cool. There aren't very many Notaries for loan companies where I live, and now I am wondering why!

Any advice? Does anyone agree? What happens if they don't pay, what do I do, who do I call, do I have to sue to get monies owed.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Reply by sue on 6/16/04 7:37am
Msg #3090

sorry Melanie, you're never (very seldom) going to be paid upfront. the reason is they have no assurance you will go to the appointment and complete their assignment. Plus, if you are working for signing services, they seldom send you the package. You will come out ahead #1 by trial and error with companies. Read these boards and you will see who the very few truly bad guys are. There are many companies that pay really, really slow but do pay. The chance you take with them is it appears to our blind eyes they don't have sufficient capital to have their payables on a 30 or 45 day cycle and without sufficient capital, we know who will be on the losing end if they fold. Once you have experience and a large client base, you receive checks in the mail daily (the mailman is the highlight of my day), you won't have to work for the really slow/low payers, and you will have worked for everyone out there and you can tell the slow payers to take a hike.

Reply by Melanie on 6/16/04 7:45am
Msg #3091

Sue,

Since I am so new, I just really got upset. I am here making a list of all closings I have done to have it ready if necessary. I would like to email you about this for more info on how to handle things, as you seem to have alot of experience speaking. I am currently listed with 13 companies and when I finish my list then only a handful have called for closings, I am listed but how do I know they are going to pay.

Reply by redonthehead on 6/16/04 11:54am
Msg #3111

Go to the website "notarybeware". It's pretty informative about those companies that are negligent in payment or have gone out of business or are doing business under another name. There's been a couple of occassions that I have not been paid. I usually telephone them (signing company, lender) after 30 days, then I telephone again after a week, then I follow-up with a letter and threaten to take action, usually turn them into the Better Business Bureau and call the lender from where the loan originated. I try to settle the dispute in some way. Many times the paperwork has just gotten lost or hasn't reached the desk of the accounts payable person. Whatever the reason, I usually do end up getting paid. P.S. Make sure if you sign any type of contract with a signing company, that you read what the compensation is or is not, if you go to a signing and the borrowers end up not signing, OR if they sign but rescind on the loan.

Reply by sue on 6/16/04 8:15pm
Msg #3130

[e-mail address]

Reply by Anonymous on 6/16/04 4:17pm
Msg #3119

Sue, is it really possible to get checks in the mail daily for notary work? I am new at doing this ( part time & have only done 6 signings) and am very, very unhappy in the office job I have with a Dr. I would like to do notary work full time but am not sure if I would be kept busy enough. Any thoughts from you will be helpful. K

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 6/17/04 8:23am
Msg #3149

When you have been doing this for a while and are well established, it is possible to get checks daily. I get checks several times a week from my signings. Some weeks I get them daily. But it took me time to get well established.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/16/04 4:17pm
Msg #3120

Full time notary work?

Sue, is it really possible to get checks in the mail daily for notary work? I am new at doing this ( part time & have only done 6 signings) and am very, very unhappy in the office job I have with a Dr. I would like to do notary work full time but am not sure if I would be kept busy enough. Any thoughts from you will be helpful. K

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.