On The X

Any one know anything about them?

Reply by pan/nd on 6/2/04 7:10pm
Msg #2609

Oh yeah,

The folks at "SOX'--Sign-on-the-X.

They owe me from October '03.

Now they pay $45.

Couple that with slow pay and you have the deadliest of combinations.

Frankly, the dirty SOX are so soiled, they're not going in the laundry...they're going in the garbage.

In a word.......RUN....long, fast, hard and never look back.

Reply by sue on 6/2/04 7:52pm
Msg #2612

hey pan, I took an order from them last summer & last fall I told them in no uncertain terms that I was suing them within a few days (I forget now but it was only 2 or 3). I then called the title company and told them they and the borrowers were going to be subpoenaed unless they could get me my money very quickly. they called OTX and I received my money one day after the deadline. of course, I received a phone call from them stating the check was mailed on a certain date and it was really mailed 2 days later so they were lying even as they were about to be sued.

Reply by pan/nd on 6/2/04 11:15pm
Msg #2620

Re: On The X

Reply by pan/nd on 6/2/04 11:25pm
Msg #2621

sue,

i don't know what i'll do.

probably nothing....except wait.

who knows, i might write it off

frankly, I think i'll get paid if i wait long enough. that happened with them the last time and i was dumb enough to take another from them.

but, never again.

those "SOX" aren't worth laundering...it's to the landfill with them.

i'll take particular pleasure in turning them down in the future

Reply by Cheryl CA on 6/3/04 9:26am
Msg #2634

Try my demand letter before you throw in the towel. It usually initiates a powerful response. FAX IT, EMAIL IT, REFAX IT EVERY DAY! GET IN THEIR FACES!

RE:
AMOUNT DUE:

Dear Deadbeat,

Due to your continued non-payment of the above amount, debt recovery action has been commenced against you.

This letter is a 'Formal Demand' for payment of all due amounts. This letter will form part of our case against you.

You now have FIVE DAYS from the date of this letter in which to send full payment to avoid this serious action.

After the five days, you will have to pay all recovery costs, even if you decide to settle in full.

Sincerely,

Reply by Derrick/MT on 6/3/04 5:10pm
Msg #2681

The letter is a great idea, but addressing it to deadbeat does not show your professionalizm.

Reply by Cheryl CA on 6/3/04 10:34pm
Msg #2703

LIGHTEN UP! Just a joke...I always have a name in the Salutation....been in biz for a long time...last year I got stiffed for $225, and it was instafi.com. My letter works...give it a shot next time you don't get paid.

PROFESSIONALLY YOURS, sweetpea!

Reply by HisHughness on 6/2/04 7:14pm
Msg #2610

If you are talking about Sign on the X, there's only one word to describe them: cheep, cheep, cheep. Although, if you wanted to offer others, you could try disorganized, cheap, laggard (four months to get paid, and then only after numerous phone calls and some correspondence), cheap, and duplicitous. Oh -- don't forget cheap.

Reply by Carolanne_PA on 6/2/04 7:42pm
Msg #2611

I haven't been paid for signings I did in September '03. I have invoiced, faxed, left messages etc. I won't accept any more from them.

Reply by Cheryl E CA on 6/3/04 9:20am
Msg #2632

A couple of weeks SOX called me and I had the pleasure of telling them to never call me again, reason why? I told the scheduler that it isn't her fault, she's probably new, but SOX is unscrupulous, low pay, slow pay and lacking integrity. Perhaps she should look around for better people to work for.

They are on my @#*% list and have been for a year and a half.

Reply by notary on 6/3/04 11:40am
Msg #2647

Re: On the X vs Sign on the X

I think "On the X" and "Sign on the X" are two different companies.

I haven't heard one good thing about eigher of them. I won't take their jobs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.