Query to Cal gals (& Guys)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 6/30/04 2:21pm
Msg #3732

To all you California sunbunnies:

I just got an e-mail query from some outfit called CalDocs Notary. Said they had a lender which wanted to use me, and to go to a designated web site to accept the assignment. I go to the site, and find an application to sign up with them for something like $10 a month.

What gives with these folks? I go to their main web site, and it's amateurish: "Were" is spelled "where," and -- this one really gets me -- "manage" is spelled "mange."

Anybody know these jokers?

Reply by TamJ-CA on 6/30/04 4:38pm
Msg #3737

They are spammers -- they send that email to everyone they can get an email for -- I've received it twice. Just ignore is my advice.

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 6/30/04 5:44pm
Msg #3740

I am in CA and get emails from CalDocs all the time - personally, I simply ignore them &/or delete the emails.

Personally I don't pay anyone to give me signing assignments, so there is no reason for me to have an interest in CalDocs.

I think you said it when you asked if anyone know these jokers...

Reply by sharon/pa on 6/30/04 7:40pm
Msg #3762

has anyone ever done one for them and how do they pay? i just had one today...they contacted me from a website they found me on....i never heard of them before....

unfortunately, this one the borrower changed her mind midway thru signing...this was an email pkg ....borrower didn't speak english, so she kept making phone calls ....someone talked her out of it....unfortunately, she tried to made it look like i did!....i drove an hour each way, and spent 1 1/2 hours @ her home.....not fun!!!!

Reply by CA_Notary on 6/30/04 8:29pm
Msg #3768

If the borrower didn't speak English, you shouldn't have been notarizing her signature to begin with.

Reply by sharon/pa on 7/1/04 10:01am
Msg #3797

edocs had a set of spanish included w/an english set...she had someone there at her house that spoke both languages........sorry for the misunderstanding

Reply by CA_Notary on 7/1/04 12:33pm
Msg #3802

I'm not sure if the rules are different in your state or not, but in California having a translator there isn't acceptable. We need to be able to communicate directly with the borrower to be sure they understand what it is they're signing.

Theoretically, a translator could be telling the borrower something completely different than what I said in English, and if I don't speak the language I won't know what they said.

You may want to check into that for future signings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.