Notary Rotary
Witness line on Loan Docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/10/04 2:08pm
Msg #2951

I'm new to the notary business and I live in New Jersey. I need to know if the witness line on loan documents is to be signed, and if so does it have to be a witness or can the notary sign???? Help! my first signing is tomorrow.

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 6/10/04 2:42pm
Msg #2957

Only if NJ is a witness state, and it isn't. So unless the lender is requesting witnesses you can ignore the witness line.

Reply by mimi on 6/11/04 1:41pm
Msg #2992

Thanks! I assume you're in FL so how do you know NJ is not a witness state? Please, don't think I doubt your information, it's just that if there's a general book with this kind of information, I'd like to get a copy.

Reply by Melanie on 6/15/04 3:06pm
Msg #3071

I agree with the message asking if there is a book with this kind of info, where do I get one. I skip the witness thing unless it says on my ATTENTION CLOSER/NOTARY page to do so, especially if the docs are sent directly to the borrower. What are you supposed to do, go grab next door neighbors? LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.