Notary Rotary
non paying companies
Notary Discussion History

non paying companies
Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 6/2/04 7:05am
Msg #2573

non paying companies

I have been a signing agent for 4 months, had only 2 assignments (both last minute) and have done perfect service on both. Neither company has paid. I am extremely dissapointed with this business. I cannot believe the non professional ethics. I guess I went into this with high expectations, and am sick that I even invested in the exam. The NNA also lead me to believe that this is a worthy line of business to get into. What a joke.

Reply by LarryG on 6/2/04 8:08am
Msg #2575

Have you always given up so quickly?

Reply by Tess/ME on 6/2/04 8:47am
Msg #2576

Anonymous:
What state are you in?
Some states have a lot less closings than the "over populated" ones, like CA & NY.
Also, I have to "keep on my toes" with a few of the SS to get paid. They usually have a "good" excuse like they didn't know I hadn't been paid, or, "You didn't invoice us" blah blah blah.
But, it all works out. And if you are determined to succeed you can.
You have to let them know you are out there.
There are so many ways to do that, check out the sites that have notaries listed. I get calls from those often. Are you listed on this site? Keep going...good luck.

Reply by signing on 6/2/04 11:50am
Msg #2586

have been signing for 2 months and have 5 jobs from different companies, most of my contracts have came from notary rotary. good luck!

Reply by CA_Notary on 6/2/04 1:31pm
Msg #2598

How much time has passed since the signings? Some companies pay very quickly, but 30-45 days is a normal turnaround time for many companies as well. I don't worry about it too much until at least a month has passed. Right now I am following up on a couple of April signings that I haven't been paid for; I won't even look at any May signings until the end of this month.

I've been doing this for about a year and never had any payment problems until the last month or two, where I've run into a few glitches. I figured it was bound to happen, and I just feel lucky that I had as long of a perfect payment run as I did :)

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 6/2/04 10:11pm
Msg #2619

Notary on the Run

This is a perfect name for this bunch!!

Do not work for "Notary on the Run" located in Los Angeles. I posted on the other board that they just do not pay their notaries. I have done over a 1000 loan signings and I've only not been paid by 3 companies and this is one of them.
The last time they hired me they sent a confirmation that appeared to be from a title company in the South. They knew I wouldn't work for Notary on the Run so they did a "little slight of hand."

Reply by Cheryl CA on 6/3/04 9:27am
Msg #2635

Re: Notary on the Run

DEADBEAT DEMAND LETTER THAT WORKS...TRY IT.

LETTER BEFORE DEBT RECOVERY ACTION

RE:
AMOUNT DUE:

Dear _____,

Due to your continued non-payment of the above amount, debt recovery action has been commenced against you.

This letter is a 'Formal Demand' for payment of all due amounts. This letter will form part of our case against you.

You now have SEVEN DAYS from the date of this letter in which to send full payment to avoid this serious action.

After the seven days, you will have to pay all recovery costs, even if you decide to settle in full.

Sincerely,

www.wildsignings.com

Reply by AllisonM/michigan on 6/3/04 2:02pm
Msg #2664

That is a great letter Cheryl. thanks.
What is they don't send after that letter? The next recourse should be the BBB or even an attorny. I utilize an attorney to write the debt collection letter. It's more power and they definitely take you more seriously.

Notaries, learn how you can have affordable legal services for your personal and business life.

www.prepaidlegal.com/biz/maxwella

allison
Michigan CSA
and PPL Associate
[e-mail address]

Reply by Cheryl CA on 6/3/04 10:29pm
Msg #2701

This letter usually makes them wet or brown their pants...if you don't get a response, w/o letter or a check, take them to small claims court.

Reply by Sonya, MD on 9/17/04 3:57am
Msg #8164

What 3 companies did not pay you? What other boards do you post on?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.