question
Notary Discussion History

question
Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by RoadRunner on 6/25/04 3:09pm
Msg #3519

question

Hi all,

I'm gonna do my first signing tonite 6/25/04 at 5:00pm. What would be the date I put in the recission line?

Thanks

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/25/04 4:26pm
Msg #3521

Tuesday the 29th.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/25/04 5:02pm
Msg #3524

Recission dates

Check in the library on this site and print off a copy to have ;).

Reply by mike mchenry on 6/25/04 7:18pm
Msg #3530

tues the 29th

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/25/04 11:34pm
Msg #3537

I never take a rescission calendar with me. It is so easy to figure out.

Just remember, today is Friday, they have three days to cancel, so that would be Saturday, Sunday and Monday - however Sunday is not a business day, so that would be Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday is the 29th so the 29th is the rescission day.
Now, if the rescission date is not already printed on the RTC and you have to write it in, then have the borrowers initial the dates. This is good practice. You will find most of the time the rescission dates are already printed on the RTC.
And make sure there are enough RTC's for the borrowers. Each person on title gets two completed copies each.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/25/04 11:39pm
Msg #3538

I carry copies of the calendar with me, circle the signing date and the rescission deadline, and give the calendar to the borrowers. I also have a checklist of everything I need to do during a closing: Color of ink if specified, picking up the check, getting ID photocopes, etc. As each item is done, I check it off and it goes in the file. At my age, the memory needs as much help as it can get.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.