Notary Rotary
what to charge
Notary Discussion History

what to charge
Go Back to June, 2004 Index

Posted by Irma on 6/23/04 9:28am
Msg #3385

what to charge

I am new no signings yet. I have checked around for fees to charge for my signings. I am overwhelmed.
I am in Illinois. Can anyone give me an example as what to charge? I see edocs,faxing,extra mileage,second set of docs.
I understand that at first I have to charge less to get my foot in the door.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply by Roger/OH on 6/23/04 11:21am
Msg #3394

Hopefully you've signed up with a number of companies by now. With no experience, most companies will likely offer you $50 for a basic signing within say, 20 miles, and you should get as many of those under your belt as possible for the experience. Obviously you'd charge more for an additional loan in a package (usually half of the first loan price), and edocs (make sure you have the equipment to handle these). After you get more comfortable, experienced, and established with the companies you can determine your own fee schedule. Variables for that structure will include distance you're willing to travel, and how many other signing agents are in your area. Finally, please don't ever accept a $40 signing!!

Reply by Irma on 6/23/04 8:25pm
Msg #3417

Roger, I appreciate your help.

Yes, even though I am new I won't go for the $40.00 signings. I know what that will lead to.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.