Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
813-223-4707: Does anyone know this phone number?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2004 Index

Posted by netstone on 3/30/04 4:09pm
Msg #1333

813-223-4707 showed up on my caller ID.

At any rate, it is the number I got a call from this morning asking if I could do a signing on the 1st. I understood the caller to say it was TICOR.

They were supposed to send the confirmation right away and I confirmed my fax number and address.

I never received anything via fax. When I called the number back it was said to be disconnected. The number would be in Tampa, Florida.

If I get another call for a signing that will conflict with this first one, I am inclined to accept it if I do not get a confirmation from this mystery caller beforehand. I stay fairly busy so I think it is only fair to expect written confirmation since it was promised.

I am only into my first month of signing, but business has been coming in regularly in mho and I would not want to cause a problem that would shut down a good pipeline of work from this caller if there was a mistake.

Any comments?

Reply by Linda on 3/30/04 7:25pm
Msg #1334

you can search up phone numbers at www.reversephonedirectory.com
I tried but it only told me it was a Tampacen, Fl phone number registered carrier being Verizon Florida Inc
Sorry I couldn't be more help

Reply by netstone on 3/30/04 7:37pm
Msg #1336

Thanks, Linda. It is so strange that it would come up on the ID, but then said it had been disconnected. I did get a confirmation at 5:12 pm via email. And, it said I could not contact the borrower. I do not like that and feel it infers that the signing agent is not trustworthy. Anyone else have an opinion on this? I remember reading others concerns but could not find them doing a quick review of the boards postings.

Also, the website is not up for this company. Nor is the lender's website is up, except for one page. I do not mind sharing this information with anyone, but feel badly if I post it publicly without having had anything actually go wrong. I do not want to black ball a new signing agency without reason.

However, I have decided that I do not like the way it "quacks". It sounds too much like a duck--seems to walk like one does also, so I think it must be.

I am relatively new to signing agent work, but old in legal work and other experience and especially in the ways that things go awry when there are strange little indicators that warn me like this has. I may get all kinds of strikes against me from this company but this time I am going with my intuition.

Like I said, nothing bad has happened, and everything could be very up and up, but something tells me I am not the gal for this job. Any comments?

Reply by Kushma Notary Services - Amy Kushma on 3/30/04 8:06pm
Msg #1337

I agree with you. It does sound "fishy" I have done hundreds of closings and I ALWAYS call the borrower to confirm and to ask for a copy of their D.L. I only once could not get ahold of a borrower and guess what? You betcha, they weren't home. I found out later that the closing was supposed to be in CA (I'm in FL). However, I did get paid. I find it strange that they won't let you call the borrowers just to confirm....

Reply by Notary on 3/31/04 1:14am
Msg #1341

www.ticor.com shows it to be a Title company out of Texas. But they could have a branch in Florida. They sell title insurance according to their site. Might want to give them a call and see if they can enlighten you.

Reply by netstone on 3/31/04 4:46pm
Msg #1355

Thanks, Notary, for the input...

About the crazy number...Apparently, this is a routing number for long distance service--like if you use a calling card sometimes this will happen and a number shows up on caller ID which is connected to the card. I know that my caller did not use a card, but must have been re-routed because I have a toll free number. I discussed this issue with the caller when I was re-contacted, and was satisfied that this must be some kind of connection issue between their phone and my phone. Brenda

Reply by victoria meissner on 3/31/04 3:34pm
Msg #1351

netstone, I am fairly new to the business also. I sign up with as many as 25 companies a day. I got lucky, and got 2 signings so far, but all has gone quiet on the front..LOL..any tips as to you being fairly new, are getting called pretty frequently? thanks!!

Reply by netstone on 3/31/04 4:14pm
Msg #1353

Hi Victoria, Thank you for your input. I think having a website helps. But, mostly, I think I happen to be located in a place where there are lots of refinances. I set an advertising budget, as well, and have paid to have my name in premier listings on 123Notary, NotaryRotary, and the National Notary Org. and I am going to join a couple more. Also, I have a toll free fax and phone number which I got through uReach.com. By using this service I have only one number for home, work, cell and fax. I think this helps to give the overall "serious" impression for my business. Good luck, Brenda

Reply by victoria meissner on 3/31/04 4:34pm
Msg #1354

Thanks Brenda!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.