Notary Rotary
I have a question!
Notary Discussion History

I have a question!
Go Back to March, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 3/25/04 11:13pm
Msg #1300

I have a question!

I just wanted to get some views on this ...

A company would not supply me with a correct number for a borrower today. I told them that I did not feel comfortable meeting with the borrower without speaking with him first. They told me if I didn't get directions off of the web and go, they would stop using me. I have been put in some shady situations in the past and try to avoid that by speaking with the borrowers before i meet with them. I am wrong?

Reply by Stephanie on 3/26/04 10:59am
Msg #1304

Most companies insist that you call borrower immediately to confirm date & time of appointment.
I don't think you're wrong. I would insist on calling borrower first - if they want to stop using you based on your actions in this circumstance, I might have concerns regarding this company.

Reply by Roger/OH on 3/26/04 8:53pm
Msg #1305

A ss that would not provide you that kind of minimal, basic support is not worth working for. Kiss them off and stick to the good companies.

Reply by Bob on 3/27/04 7:09pm
Msg #1312

Have done a couple of closings for "Allied National Closing Services" and they explained that this particular lender's policy is not to have the Notary call; they will pay if there is a problem. So, take a chance if you want.

We had a problem with the closing and the lawyer assigned was right on it and took care of the problem.

Reply by Joan-OH on 3/27/04 10:16pm
Msg #1314

I sure hope they pay full fee if 1) the borrower's aren't home or 2) you can't find their home because you aren't permitted to call & get directions. I hear some agencies are going to this policy because they feel the notaries are "losing their loans" That's fine, but if I'm going to set the time aside and turn away other work for it, then I'm going to get full fee whether the borrowers show up or not.

I am a professional. I haven't "lost" a loan yet but I've seen a few loan officers lose them before I walk in the door.

Reply by patricia on 3/27/04 2:10am
Msg #1306

it is crucial to confirm the appointment with the borrower. If you are not
given a correct phone number I would insist on knowing that I will be paid
the full fee if borrower does not appear for the appointment. Anything else
is very unprofessional

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.