Notary Rotary
Business Cards Question
Notary Discussion History

Business Cards Question
Go Back to May, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 5/27/04 1:43pm
Msg #2367

Business Cards Question

Getting ready to order my business cards...Would appreciate advice on what needs to go on the card. Do you put your home address?

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 3:52pm
Msg #2383

I dont know of any restrictions for business cards. does anyone else out there know of any.

Reply by Anonymous1 on 5/27/04 3:56pm
Msg #2384

I went to OfficeMax and bought their InkJet Business cards lables by Avery. It contains an easy to use CD where you type in your basic information, names, address, phones, email, sloan. Then you can click through about 100 different styles, 100different fonts and a bunch of different colors. Find the one that is right for you and then hit the print button. ( I believe MicrosoftWord also has templates. ) The cost is about $19 which includes the CD and several pages that equal 250 blank cards. I print about 20 at a time. And can alter things a bit over time. No waiting for the printer, no return back to the copy shop to pick things up. Get the glossy business card stock, it makes the ink in the inkjet printers "pop". Cost wise when you think about your time. It is about the same. They also have similar software for making brouchers. Again, use the glossy stock.

I have had a number of people comment on my cards saying they look great. They all think they were printed at the printers.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 5/27/04 4:15pm
Msg #2387

Yep, you got it, the trick is to use the glossy. I use Avery also with Print Shop Pro.

Reply by Donna McGee on 6/1/04 10:58pm
Msg #2566

Re: Business Cards Question - Glossy Stock

Hello,
I'm not too keen on printing my own business cards. Tried it before and no matter how you slice it - it just looks homemade.

However, I thought I might give the glossy card a try but instead of the business card I got the postcards for local title company marketing. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE the way they look?!!! They are absolutely beautiful!! Yes - the colors just POP!! Sharp lines, no smudging or bleeding!

Still don't know if I will use the business card but the postcard DEFINITELY impressed me which is very hard to do. I would use the business cards for inserts or coupons with my other business (travel and meeting planning). I like for my business cards to be of heavier stock - makes the best first impression, IMO. In the mean time, I can definitely use the glossy brochure, these postcards, and trying to think up a project just so I can use the tent cards and raffle tickets!! :-)

Thanks for the tip - you got me hooked!!

Reply by HisHughness on 6/1/04 11:42pm
Msg #2568

Re: Business Cards Question - Glossy Stock

Office Depot has peel-off -- not break-apart -- cards. OD also has glossy stock business cards (I don't remember if they are peel-off or break-apart). I have used them for a long time, and don't think I will ever go back to printed cards.
Granted, the stock is lighter than some, but not all, business cards. However, it is quite heavy enough to get the job done.
What I find most useful is that I can change my business card any time I wish to add or subtract information, or change the design, without having to can a box of 500 to 1,000 obsolete cards. The flexibility just blows me away. I tinker a lot with graphics; no major overhauls, just a tweak here and there. The print-your-own cards are ready-made for that.

Reply by CA_Notary on 5/27/04 11:18pm
Msg #2425

I'd say just put the basics - phone numbers, fax numbers, name, possibly come up with a tagline ("for all your mobile notary needs" or something a little less blah). You should have an address. If you're not comfortable with the home address, I'd suggest getting a PO Box and using that.

Reply by CA_Notary on 5/27/04 11:18pm
Msg #2426

followup to my own post - Vistaprint.com has pretty good prices on cards and they're pretty easy to layout and order online.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.