Notary Rotary
Earn Extra Income
Notary Discussion History

Earn Extra Income
Go Back to May, 2004 Index

Posted by Mary Theall on 5/14/04 8:25am
Msg #2041

Earn Extra Income

There have been alot of postings about earning extra income. Just a little friendly advice from someone whose been there. For those of you who may be considering title abstracting DO NOT take the courses offered on-line. I paid over $200.00 for a course a few months ago and discovered that I wasted my money. Anyone interested in doing title searches can go down to their county Probate Court Records Room you'll find many experienced Abstractors who are willing to mentor for FREE! You do not need to be certified or licensed to research public records. However, E&O is much more expensive. This board has been very helpful to me in the past and I hope I've been able to return the favor with this info.

Reply by Sonya, MD on 8/16/04 3:08pm
Msg #6157

How do you find title abstracting jobs?

Reply by judyca on 8/23/04 7:31pm
Msg #6564

I agree completely with Mary... Abstracting is complicated and the libility is high. E&O insurance IF you can even get it is about $3K a year. It takes far more than an online course to learn and a mentor is fine but you need to work with that person a lot before you attempt this busniess. I am not trying to discourage anyone but please be careful.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.