Notary Rotary
Edocs
Notary Discussion History

Edocs
Go Back to May, 2004 Index

Posted by Tammy Perkins on 5/17/04 6:28pm
Msg #2081

Edocs

I meant does anyone have any feedback on the HP 1300 laser printer and does anyone know of a place to go to test to see if I can print a set of edocs.
Thanks

Reply by Sylvia/FL on 5/18/04 7:56am
Msg #2083

Tammy
You will be fine with the HP 1300 laser printer. It has the right PCL drivers, so you should have no trouble accepting edocs in whatever format they send.
I have a 2100 and a 1300, never a problem with either of them.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 5/18/04 8:09am
Msg #2085

Any HP printer that has the PCL5e and/or PCL6 driver will handle edocs without any problem. The minimum currently selling model is the HP Laserjet 1300 series.

Other printer manufacturers state they are PCL "compatible" because they use an emulator. Many people have said that they don't have a problem (especially with Brother printers), but some do say they weren't able to print certain files using a PCL emulator.

You can download PCL particular files from SwiftView (http://www.swiftview.com/tech/testfiles.htm) to see if they will printout on your printer. Also, SwiftView has a very extension "help" file section on printing problems and using their viewer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.