Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Still waiting for e-docs for 8:00 PM signing 1/2 hour away!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2004 Index

Posted by Notary/CA on 5/24/04 10:05pm
Msg #2257

What would you do? It's 2 minutes to 8:00 and we are scheduled for 8:00 p.m. No sign of the docs yet. I e-mailed the SS and they said to be patient! I have a 1/2 hour drive to the borrowers home. I get up at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. This is not only a first, but a first & a second! WHAT DO I DO??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by Anonymous on 5/24/04 10:11pm
Msg #2259

The title company is jerking you around, which they will continue to do as long as you tolerate that sort of treatment. At 8 p.m., call and report that there was no signing, and be sure you send a bill for a cancelled closing, because that's what they have done -- cancelled your closing on you by not providing documents as required.

Reply by Notary/CA on 5/24/04 10:18pm
Msg #2261

Just got a call that it is canceled! Is it really appropriate to send a bill for a canceled closing?

Reply by Anonymous on 5/25/04 12:54am
Msg #2266

First, try to check out who the siging service is and if they do much business in your area. If little business, bill them. If more, bill them but tell them you might waive it if them give you more business in the very near term. I might take a little off each of the next two closings. This gets them getting use to your service. Plus, ususally if you can talk to some one on the phone a few times, you are starting to form a relationship.

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 5/25/04 10:32am
Msg #2277

In this case, it is appropriate to bill the ss one half of your normal fee.
My Reasoning for this is, 1st, you were not notified of the cancellation in a timely manner. 2nd, you could have scheduled another signing in this time slot. 3rd, I practise this and have never had any of my signing companies refuse to pay it.

Reply by Traci/MD on 5/26/04 7:26am
Msg #2300

I accept edocs but I give them a deadline. Have the docs to me by noon or I will not be available. This has helped.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.