Notary Rotary
Terrible company to work for
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2004 Index

Posted by Kelly on 5/18/04 10:45am
Msg #2091

Transunion Settlement Solutions- This company is the first company I have had a problem with. They contacted me to do a signing and the contact person did not mention a membership fee of $40 and the info packet and contract for this company did not mention this fee either. When I got my emailed confirmation for the signing there was a notice that my fee of $75 would have $40 deducted from it. I was not driving 2 hours and performing signing for $35. I emailed this company four times and tried calling contact several times and got no response. Transunion called for me the day of the signing (about a week later than my attempts to get ahold of them) and I was unavailable so they got nasty with my husband. They threatened to take my name off the notary rotary board and no company would call me agian. Can they do this?

any response would be helpful.

Reply by Negrete on 5/18/04 11:28am
Msg #2093

How is a company going to take your name off the Notary Rotary board when you pay to be on there (Notary Rotary) database. I would not dop work with a company that ask me to pay to be on there list.(Trans whatever there name is)

Call me and I will put you in my batabase for free.

Anthony J negrete
Negrete's Notary Service.

www.1nns.com

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 5/18/04 11:30am
Msg #2095

Unless Harry Has Relinquished Control...

...of this board & his business (and I don't believe he has), Trans Union Settlement Solutions cannot take your name off NotaryRotary.com. The $40.00 fee they are taking out of your first signing fee is for a background check & NOT a membership fee (although you could argue that's the same thing as). This is something which should have been explained to you before accepting your first assignment. Try calling them yourself to see if you can get this all clarified. I personally don't find them to be a "terrible company" at all. JMHO!

Reply by Hishughness on 5/18/04 9:20pm
Msg #2121

Re: Unless Harry Has Relinquished Control...

I responded to their notice of a $40 "screening" fee with an agreement that I would add $40 to my first invoice to place them on my approved list of companies for which I will accept assignments. Thus far, they're not on the list.

Reply by Becca_FL on 5/18/04 9:41pm
Msg #2122

Too funny Hugh...

How Witty!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.