Notary Rotary
edocs
Notary Discussion History

edocs
Go Back to May, 2004 Index

Posted by Tammy Perkins on 5/17/04 6:01pm
Msg #2079

edocs

Hi, I am getting ready to purchase a new laser printer several have told me about the HP 3300 this is such a large machine does anyone have any thoughts about the HP 1330, also does anyone know where I might go to do a test print to see if my printer can accept edocs I want to make sure I can make it work before advertising that I can do it.
Thank you

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 5/18/04 8:07am
Msg #2084

Any HP printer that has the PCL5e and/or PCL6 driver will handle edocs without any problem. The minimum currently selling model is the HP Laserjet 1300 series.

Other printer manufacturers state they are PCL "compatible" because they use an emulator. Many people have said that they don't have a problem (especially with Brother printers), but some do say they weren't able to print certain files using a PCL emulator.

You can download PCL particular files from SwiftView (http://www.swiftview.com/tech/testfiles.htm) to see if they will printout on your printer. Also, SwiftView has a very extension "help" file section on printing problems and using their viewer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.