Notary Rotary
A Personal Note
Notary Discussion History

A Personal Note
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 11/11/04 6:26pm
Msg #11202

A Personal Note

Many of you have become vicariously acquainted with my beautiful and talented wife through references here on the board, and/or by visiting our web site. I'm saddened to report that my B&T wife is now my beautiful and talented estranged wife. We are divorcing.

If anyone knows a chesty, curvaceous widow in her late 50s or early 60s who owns a liquor store and got a big insurance settlement in her husband's death, please get in touch with me. Thirty years ago I probably would have added nymphomaniac to that description. At this point in my life, though, I'm just happy if she knows which laxative to pick up for me at the market.

If nobody's got any references to pass on, the next best alternative is to tell me where one can purchase hemlock nowadays.

Reply by Jennifer on 11/11/04 6:59pm
Msg #11203

I am very sorry to hear your news. My sympathy for the rough times ahead.

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 11/11/04 7:37pm
Msg #11204

In lieu of one late 50's, you might give some thought to two , late 20's. It might prove to be fatal, but it will take the undertaker a week to get the smile off your face. There might be a further issue as to closing the coffin, but we won't go there.
Seriously, good luck to you.
I have been forturnate to have had one wonderful woman stick by me for many a decade.
Good and bad, rich and poor, sickness and health, the whole nine yards.

Reply by Hampton/CA on 11/13/04 10:34am
Msg #11259

"you might give some thought to two , late 20's"

Caution!!! Hugh may not be wired for 220. If he is not, he may suffer a massive overload, resulting in transforming him from a lovable signing agent to a smoldering pile of ashes.

And if this happens at the signing table, it usually results in the borrower rescinding the loan, so then he'd have to fight for his fee.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/13/04 3:47pm
Msg #11270

Hampton/CA cautions:

***Caution!!! Hugh may not be wired for 220. If he is not, he may suffer a massive overload, resulting in transforming him from a lovable signing agent to a smoldering pile of ashes.***

That should not be a problem. Although I have no direct knowledge of this, I understand that most close intergender relationships nowadays involve battery-driven appliances.

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/11/04 8:48pm
Msg #11205

Hugh,

Very sorry to hear the news. I take it no hopes for reconciliation.

I must say it is very admirable that you haven't lost your wonderful sense of humor.

Reply by Ali-IL on 11/11/04 9:06pm
Msg #11206

Hugh, I am sorry about your divorce. Even when both feel it is the best thing to do, It is still hard.

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/11/04 9:41pm
Msg #11207

You are a class act and a gentlemen in my book. Good for you for retaining your humor, and a rather generous degree of respectfulness in your references your B&TW. It speaks quite well to your character.

Reply by tomparson/IA on 11/11/04 10:26pm
Msg #11208

Hugh,
I, like so many others, have very much enjoyed your humor and intellect and am very sorry to hear of your marital difficulties.
Being a fellow Democrat, I must also add that November has not been a very good month for you.
Wishing you the very best!!

Reply by HisHughness on 11/11/04 11:10pm
Msg #11209

tomparson/IA commisserated:

***Being a fellow Democrat, I must also add that November has not been a very good month for you.***

You are right. I would much rather have divorced George Bush and elected my wife.

Reply by Brenda J Khan on 11/12/04 1:23am
Msg #11212

Hugh,
I am fairly new to this board but I would like to extend my best wishes to you and your wife with all the changes happening in your lives at this time. These rough times have come to pass. BK-FL

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/12/04 8:42am
Msg #11217

Hugh,
I'm so sorry whatever differences the relationship has encountered can't be worked out. The important thing is not to bury yourself in the sand, or to lose your sense of humor.

Reply by HisHughness on 11/12/04 9:42am
Msg #11222

CarolynCO cautions:

***I'm so sorry whatever differences the relationship has encountered can't be worked out. The important thing is not to bury yourself in the sand, or to lose your sense of humor.

Indeed, I have not lost my sense of humor, much to the disappointment of some. I have, however, definitely lost my ass.

Reply by JoeTX on 11/13/04 8:08pm
Msg #11280

Hope she gets more than that. What took her so long to dump you?

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/13/04 10:36pm
Msg #11287

Said Joe - "Hope she gets more than that. What took her so long to dump you?"

It's puzzling.

If you don't like another poster's forum personality, which is obviously the case with Joe's feelings toward Hughness, why would you even bother to read their posts, much less waste your time returning a reply?

I am always interested in what motivates individuals like the poster "Joe" and what drives a person to spread random unkindness. It is sad to consider what negativism is likely spread in the lives of those who live with these individuals.

Reply by suzanne-fl on 11/12/04 8:57am
Msg #11218

so sorry to hear the bad news - my best wishes to you

Reply by Mick on 11/12/04 9:40am
Msg #11221

Your Royal Hughness
Let's face it. Its time for a new queen. She had her shot, now its time to liven up the royal family. Good luck

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.