Notary Rotary
Bought a new printer--need some help please
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by ItsMe123 on 11/9/04 1:36pm
Msg #11056

well here's my story---I decide I want a new printer and I see this Samsung 1740 at the store that is "the world's smallest laser printer" and it has a great price. (what more could a smobile notary want? lol) I bought it, I like the size as I have a smaller office. Well I had to know if it had PCL 6 emulation and the area manger at the store says "99 % of printers made today have PCL 6 emulation" which made it obivous to me he had no idea what we were talking about and he was the on-site tech advisor so all the clerks say "if he says it, it must be true."

I received a set of dumbie docs form udx (I really like them by the way) and guess what--it doesn't print. (must be in the elusive 1%--lol)) I do alot of business with Ameriquest--I know alot of you don't like them but they have been great for me so of course printing from securesendit is key.

I remember one gal saying something about dtviewer which would only send a portion of the package at a time but to be honest dtviwer mind as well be Greek for me.

I have until tonight to return this printer but I really do like it for everything else. Anyone have any ideas I could try. I know some of you are wizards with issues such as mine so if you have any ideas even if I have to download the world I don't care. I like this printer---the size and function besides this obivous problem and I would really like to keep it.

P.S.---contary to Mr. Area Manger at a large electronics chain 99% are not compatible--like I didn't know---lol
Thank All----Best regards, Michelle

Reply by ItsMe123 on 11/9/04 1:45pm
Msg #11057

well---I spoke with samsung and guess what--no little tricks to get this to --retail store better be cool about this---have to get a 1750---darn--I love this little printer

Reply by Jon on 11/9/04 3:35pm
Msg #11068

Brother also makes a very nice printer with PCL6 emulation, the 5140, which retails for around $199. You can usually find it cheaper online. You may want to check it out. Go up to $299 and you can get the 5150, which has 2 trays.

Reply by Della_Ca on 11/9/04 5:53pm
Msg #11074

Hi can you tell me how to get the dummy docs from udx you were talking about. Thanks

Reply by ItsMe123 on 11/9/04 10:02pm
Msg #11086

call udx to get dumbie docs

Reply by Dellaca on 11/10/04 6:36am
Msg #11097

Thank you

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.