Notary Rotary
Connecticut Notary ???
Notary Discussion History

Connecticut Notary ???
Go Back to November, 2004 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/1/04 7:41pm
Msg #10740

Connecticut Notary ???

My mother is becoming a mobile notary in Ct. I'm a notary in another state so I'm not sure of what the laws are in CT.

how many witnesses are required on the mortgage?

is CT. a spousal state? if the husband is not on the note is he still obligated to sign the mortgage, TIL, RTC??

I would appreciate any and all feedback... Thanks A...

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 11/2/04 7:13am
Msg #10751

Re: Connecticut Notary Laws

You mother should read the Connecticut Notary Public Manual. It is on line through the Connecticut Secretary of State's office, where she will apply for her commission. The notary test is very simple - all the answers are in the handbook. The Manual is revised through March 2002, which does not include the 2004 new acknowledgment blocks. She should receive a separate sheet of paper regarding the new acknowledgements with her commission application or certificate (if she has already applied).

She should also put in the time to read the statutes referenced in th back of the handbook, but not written out in the handbook.

Connecticut is not a spousal state, but that is not to say a lender might require a non-borrowing spouse to sign certain documents.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/2/04 11:05am
Msg #10761

Re: Connecticut Notary Laws

Thanks for your assistance.. I will make sure to tell her

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.